I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

She did spawn 1000 tiktok parodies, that’s about it.

and made the sport so much of a laughing stock that it’s probably never going back in the olympics.

after allegedly gaming the selection process so that she could cut out real dancers from her country.

2 Likes

To be fair, wasn’t this just one of those “host country’s choice” events that had zero guarantee of becoming permanent anyway? Seemed like other than Raygun’s meme-worthiness no one gave a shit about it much.

Well yes, but if you over-rotate on the way down, you’ll be happy to be in a cannonball and not belly-flopping.

1 Like

2028 gonna have baseball, softball and cricket

1 Like

she got what she wanted. i wouldn’t trade humiliating myself for an all-expenses paid trip to paris, some would though :man_shrugging:t3:

i am glad rigging the selection process is causing her stress and humiliation. unforeseen consequences of being an asshole are the best consequences.

1 Like
2 Likes

They already said it wasn’t coming to LA before the Paris games started.

1 Like

Phil Wizard was pretty cool, definitely a level above everyone else who were also pretty elite.

Doesn’t the Australian Olympic committee need to own a lot of responsibility for letting that happen?

And lacrosse

probably. i haven’t really delved into it, but it looks like they delegated to an australian dance association who in turn delegated it to the 20 person breakdancing organization that just so happened to be run by raygun and her husband… much to everyone’s surprise the winner of the spot in qualifies went to the organizations leader.

1 Like

Odd. How many countries are going to field a competitive lacrosse team? Two?

According to Wikipedia there are 63 countries who play lacrosse. How many are competitive? Two is a good guess.

Here are the top 8 world lacrosse rankings

Don’t know that third country

1 Like

It’s the Iroquois. I don’t think the IOC is going to let them play as that team.

3 Likes

I thought raygun was pretty sweet, and I also think they should keep breakin in the games permanently

There was some weird thing a few years ago about not being able to get into some country because of their passports. I think they had tribal passports that weren’t recognized.

Good podcast of their confederation.

1 Like

Found this on the travel issue. Believe this has happened more than once.

1 Like

LOL WAT?

really? that’s awesome and i’m rooting for them for sure