I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

That wouldn’t stop a bunch of folks who didn’t watch a second of WNBA ball before this season (and probably didn’t watch much this year, tbh) from celebrating because they think Clark was kept off the team " to appease the Black lesbian cabal who runs wonen’s basketball"

I guess in terms of amount, there would have been more chatter about the men. But the takes about the women would have been way uglier and more political.

1 Like

didn’t that gold tie us with china? espn still showing 40-39 but it was that before this game started?

It should

to be fair, if they don’t win this game, clark certainly would have helped. that said, they did, so :man_shrugging:t3:

Are you guys done with the Olympics now or still gonna watch replays? I’m thinking I might catch up on a handful of replays over the next few days before calling it a wrap.

Clark averages fewer points per game than most of the key players on this team and has already crushed the WNBA single season turnover record. She’s a great player, but let’s not act like the other players are scrubs just because they had a bad night playing in front of a hostile crowd against a team that has more experience playing together

Also, IIRC, Clark’s level of play and stats rose considerably after she was not selected. Up to that point she had been a bit up and down. I may be wrong on that, but I remember a number of monster games after the selections.

Personally, I’m done. I need a break from so much tv.

1 Like

Looking at the stats, she’s definitely improved over the course of the season (maybe b/c of extra motivation from the snub, maybe just getting more comfortable in the league). Also, her average shooting % is good, but she also has multiple nights where she has shot in the teens from the field. Again I don’t want to bash Caitlin too much because she is great, super exciting and I probably would have picked her. I just think the other folks are pretty deserving too and I feel like a lot of Clark fans act like she’s the only woman who can ball and that downplays how good the other players are.

Think Ogunbowale and Clark both would have helped in today’s game with limited minutes (preferably Ogunbowale). Game was very physical and refs were letting them play. Felt like none of the guards could get by their defender and France was going under every screen. Very happy they won as the CC superfans would have been intolerable.

Thought they should have fouled at the end of the game. Would be more interested in the correct strategy if the USA played missed the 2nd FT. Foul there was well? Increase the chance of OT but minimize/eliminate the chance of losing in regulation.

Olympics delivered. NBC / Peacock did a great job. My only minor complaint is a bit too much Snoop Dogg.

1 Like

If you’re gonna use Snoop, let him be Snoop. He was hilarious in that equestrian vid when he’s unfiltered, but the PG version gets old kinda fast.

Gold Zone was so good that I assume it will be a new tier of Peacock Subscription for 2028

1 Like

way too much, and I gotta see these commercials for the Voice with him too? we’re gonna get snoop fatigue

never really watched a marathon before, seems like the runners are really … chaotic? arms are swinging way more wildly than I would expect, seems like they’re almost … wobbling (I think this might be an artifact of the cameraman on the motorcycle not being super steady?)

also, they have the men and women run separately? seems sort of overcomplicated compared to just having everyone go at once like every other marathon

In normal marathons they have elite men and women run together, they just give the women a head start of 30 minutes or so. Not sure why they do it this way at the Olympics

serbia-croatia water polo rivalry must be intense

https://x.com/UltimoLegend/status/1822330788982964262

biting medals is OVER

tumblr_n2rc0qrrqO1qjcyqno1_400

1 Like