I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

lol Germany wins gold in 3x3 basketball. Wtf is going on.

France vs Netherlands for the 3X3 men final now. I have no idea why this is an olympic sport.

Those cookies are the nut low.

very pleasantly surprised we didnt end up with some VAR riggage at the end of egypt vs france soccer… they sent him to the monitor for what seemed like a no brainer decision to not award a penalty.

imo 3x3’s major issue is how to handle fouls, particularly nonshooting fouls.

currently at 7 team fouls a reach in foul becomes 2 free throws which is just insanely overpowered. and it clearly affects the reffing. like in this final game france committed a lot of early fouls(they were at 6 team fouls with about 7 minutes left in the game) and then it seemed like the reffing got looser against them since we would have been just in a free throw competition 3 minutes into the game.

That was an exciting game though!

although now an egyptian player that was booked for “dissent” about the silly decision to send the ref to VAR gets a second legit yellow and now egypt only has 10 for the rest of extra time…

Yeah it makes no sense to me that in a game of 1’s and 2’s that each free throw is also worth 1 point.

I feel like the simplest fix is to go 1 Free Throw that’s worth 1 point.

If you want to further discourage fouling, you can shoot 2 FT’s per trip. If you make the first you get the point and if you make both you also get possession back.

Or just make FTs half a point each. Or just use a regular basketball scoring system.

or just play it with 5 players on each team, using both baskets and have actual good players participate.

4 Likes

Starting 4:05. This is the Medal Race, though the US boat isn’t in contention for a medal due to previous results. Netherlands is. Those teams are 1-2 at the end, but get lost and stop racing 50m from the finish line.

Video is blocked for me but as far as I know the gold and silver were already certain before the medal race

Serbia-Australia Basketball down to the 4th quarter. Serbia up by 2, after being down over 20 in the first half.

patty mills GOAT

1 Like

https://x.com/NBAMemes/status/1820813381995311419

3 Likes

Turkey - China elimination round women’s volleyball in deciding 5th set.

This Vargas #4 on Turkey is a badass.

lol me, just realized this isn’t live. It’s live to me, dammit.

3 Likes

Ooo, the weightlifting starts tomorrow :weight_lifting_man: :weight_lifting_woman:

1 Like

I’ve got a bad feeling about this game. I can’t believe we drew Wemby in the quarters.