I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

It’s obviously a dream come true to make it to the Olympics, but man, it must be disheartening for some athletes in the last couple decades to know you are competing against the GOAT in your sport and have no chance unless they screw up. See: Michael Phelps, Simone Biles, Usian Bolt, Katie Ledecky, Mondo Duplantis, etc.

Too much on right now -
Women’s Soccer - US v Germany
Women’s Volleyball - US v Poland
Wemby v The North

Can’t be expected to get work done.

Feel like NBC has done a good job with these Olympics.

Oh Canada, that was a bad half of basketball. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

yeah pumped to see deadlift

0-0 w/10 mins left in a semifinal. obviously this is the choice for the next half hour

YEEEESSSSSSSS

1 Like

The hill I am willing to die on is that Team Handball sucks.

There’s so little change of possession or fluidity to the game. Just not a fun sport to watch.

great finish in the 1500m

2 Likes

Let’s do a wellness check on Soulman please.

Wow that was very exciting

First 7 women in the steeplechase all seem to be wearing the same colorway sneakers. Messing with my brain.

Hyped for Gabby in the 200m.

“With authority!”

1 Like

I wonder how big an upset that is. They were hyping up that Norwegian v. Brit rivalry and then both faded big time.

It’s fun every 4 years. I’m not sure I’d want to follow it week in week out though.

From my (limited) watching of track and field in the past few years, the Norwegian guy seems like a bit of an asshole. So I am cautiously happy to have Hocker win it, until it turns out he kicks puppies or whatever

Was perusing odds beforehand. Norwegian was like -135 and Brit was +150. Hocker was the next favorite at like +2100

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1820946495354630513

2 Likes

Just another classic case of the Islamic Republic of Algeria imposing its woke liberal agenda on the world

1 Like

holy shit this germany france handball… france is up 1 with 5 seconds and the ball. germany steals and scores to tie after the announcers spent an entire timeout saying how it was over and the odds were 0 they’d tie it

felt like a hoops game with one team up 3 with 5 seconds and the ball wtfff