I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

And eat all the pastries

That Japan-France mixed team even sure had the dream ending for the home crowd. Couldn’t have scripted it any better if they tried.

https://twitter.com/theacc/status/1819827423300751531

2 Likes

she “only” won by a body length or so, if it were me i’d retire. but i don’t have that 4 straight gold medal motivation in me, i could see going back until somebody beat me. esp if i kept qualifying

https://twitter.com/kendallbaker/status/1819829432959357111

8 Likes

Nice to see ACC schools represented so well

2 Likes

Bol can’t compete in 400 meter individual or relay because the events are scheduled too close to the 400 meter hurdles events where she is the world champion.

Brutal ending in the women’s badminton singles semi. Spanish lady was cruising to a win, then did a knee, started crying, decided to give a go with a brace, lost 2 points, then broke down sobbing and retired from the match. From being guaranteed at least silver, to nothing.

But wait, there’s more.

So in 2016, the Spanish tía, Carolina Marin, was on the other side of the coin. Late in the Rio Olympics semifinal, her opponent also did an ACL, and tried to give it a go the last 3 pts, but clearly couldn’t move at all. Instead of handling the situation with grace, Marin was shrieking with each point won, even at unforced errors. r/badminton is saying “karma”, what say you?

(vid cued up to injury and go to 59:05 to see the final points and shrieking)

A 10 cm dick isn’t much to be proud of imo

1 Like

Ah, that national motto of the French.

2 Likes

At first, my brain processed this as a response to the post directly above it.

1 Like

yeah wtf seems pretty weird

1 Like

set 1 to Djokovic. 2 out of 3 format gives him a much better shot.

Very high quality set. Over 90 minutes

I was at the cincy final and this feels like that.

It’s a shame a match of this importance is being called by fucking Mary Carrillo and Renee Stubbs

Fucking butchers.

Jason Goodall is already there come on

Golf final round has been incredible to watch, Rahm had a four shot lead at the turn and he might still not medal, let alone win.

Rory, of course, got within a shot and then promptly Rory’ed.

2 Likes

I really can’t get interested at all in olympic golf or tennis. It’s even less compelling than the dumb big-team sports like basketball, just seems like a completely cynical grab for ad revenue.

1 Like

that game between djoker and alcarez has an insane level

amazing match. Alcaraz played good enough to win 90% of the time, Djokovic just played better.