I guess we need a Summer Olympics thread…?

Can we all agree that when measuring Olympic success, SortByGolds is far better than SortByTotalMedals?

I like how, when doing the uneven bars in gymnastics, a coach comes out to do a token spotting that wouldn’t even break the fall of a floating spider.

Greatest swimmer of all time (or maybe second, Phelps is impressive too), coming up on 100 medals in olympics/worlds/euros :muscle:

She’s a much bigger favorite in the 50m freestyle this weekend, she wasn’t even supposed to do the 100 metres.

Should have clarified it was on the back stretch so 50m.

This comes up every Olympics. Can’t be bothered to verify but the joke is always that US networks are the only ones that base their sort order on whatever puts USA#1.

2 Likes

Sort by gold is standard here too, I think a point system (gold 3 silver 2 bronze 1) makes a lot of sense too.

Sort by medals is obviously silly.

Skeet shooting showed up in my feed and they showed the medal ceremony as well. I wonder if they aren’t always doing the medal ceremony as soon as the event is over or something and that’s why they aren’t showing up like usual?

Probably tradition. I didn’t search for failed saves by spotters because I’m not a monster.

LolUSA#1 is leading in total, not gold.

Obv sort by total.

3 Likes

I want to be as enthusiastic about my life as Rowdy Gaines is about swimming.

2 Likes
2 Likes

A British swimmer got disqualified from some event, maybe yesterday, for staying under too long. He was crushing it too but now can’t advance and is done.

First medal for Israel in the olympics. Women Judo. Now we gotta wait to see if it’s gonna be gold or silver.

https://x.com/_Hybreed_/status/1818930540885819413

4 Likes

Great table tennis match going on live right now.

China’s #1 men’s player already lost in the Round of 32, their #2 player is in a 7th and deciding game.

Italian women’s boxer trying the riley gaines grifter route.

Thats pretty huge. Havent they dominated the sport for decades?

Yeah the trans panic narrative is out strong on this one even though the competitor isnt a trans woman. Its pretty weird

Is she a hermaphrodite? Was originally banned for elevated testosterone levels.

Didn’t seem like Andrade and Biles’ vaults were equal execution wise.

I would love the full judges’ scorecards to see what the actual deductions are