How do we attract new users?

Awesome. Any particular favorites?

I’m strong on movies and television

2 Likes

Past or current?

Awesome. Ill hit you up. I assume you got a mic and everything? I gotta get some software and such first so gimme a week or two to get things I need on my end

Both

1 Like

I do have a mic.

What is your idea for the podcast? Popcorn ready.

I am a fan of Dave Chen’s podcasts on such things.

https://culturallyrelevantshow.com/

Maybe we should start a general podcasting thread as I’m new to it and would appreciate any information shared?

Breaking Bad
The Wire
The Good Place
Fleabag
Messiah
Znation
Deadwood
Carnivale
Big Little Lies

Heaps more. I watch way too much telly.

Im actually trying to keep a lid on it a little bit. Ive been cultivating the idea for a couple years now, and while I know there are podcasts that have done similat things, I think I have a twist on it that should be fresh and new and may not have been done in quite the same way before. Ill PM you

2 Likes

Cool. Excited to see what it is. I’m a podcast obsessive. I listen to more than 30 weekly.

Somebody over there called me out in a thread by my user name on this site yesterday. And I’ve barely posted over there at all recently.

:open_mouth:

1 Like

Thats not too bad. If they average an hour and you have a job that allows the ability to listen the majority of the day, that would basically get you through the week.

If you have something like The Lapsed Fan in there, then youre doing some heavy lifting.

I listen at 1.75 too.

We could wear Unstuck Politics T-Shirts

2 Likes

Is Walrus a thing outside of the old forum? I feel like that and similar games (celebrity death pool maybe?) may be a good way to get people interested. Not entirely sure where you find people but it’s an interesting hook.

1 Like

Change thread title to “How do we get rid of new users?”

7 Likes

Define “new”

If it’s “anyone who joined after me” then I will second the motion :grinning:

I just saw this for the first time. It is good work.

5 Likes

If I apply that standard I will be very, very lonely.

No one said irrational ethics would be easy

3 Likes