How do I cool my bedroom?

3 Likes

It’s been pretty warm here and I was sleeping like shit the last couple weeks, which wasn’t helping my general anxiety and depression about the state of the country.

I put in my AC unit on the last couple nights. Absolutely glorious - 10 hours of sleep the first night.

Neither one seems to have an integrated bed cooling system, so F-

Wow cool view of crumbling brick buildings guess what I have a fire house behind my apartment

Unfair, imo. That’s not a bedroom problem, that’s an occupant problem.

If you want a cooler bedroom replace your AC unit with an AOC unit.

4 Likes

clovis: [link to a beachfront property in Santa Monica]

The hell are you people doing over there? Trying to recreate travel accommodations for Major League Baseball players in the summer of 1930?

1 Like

Do you need it cooler in there all the time or is it just too hot to sleep? FWIW I can’t get my temp below 72 at night sometimes when it’s hot out nor below 75 during the day.

I need it cold af to sleep well. In hotels that shit is on HI always on setting.

What does your mattress/sheet/pillow game look like?

Me too, I just leave my thermostat set at 66 degrees year round and flip the heat/cool switch as needed.

I have a memory foam mattress. It gets really hot. It’s comfortable though other than that. Cotton sheets. I’ve had shredded memory foam pillows but I’m starting to not like them. I did like them for several years. They also get hot though.

Have you tried any of the ones with cooling gel? My dad swears by them. Also those bamboo sheets and pillow covers. He also has some twin turbo engine fan blowing on him at max.

I’ve almost bought one a few times. I haven’t yet. I flip my pillow a dozen times a night probably.

You could probably get a cooling gel topper for relatively cheap. Is your shredded foam the COOP pillow? My dad has that one and one with the cooling gel on both sides (which he claims “you can’t find anymore” but he’s almost 70 and doesn’t know how the internet works). I’ve tried both and found the Coop wasn’t quite as good as the gel.

Ha. I looked at my amazon order and they were Coop. I’ll check for them. I had some other pillow I was looking at also before. I can’t remember what it was though.

To balance out our bedjet range, I remember reading about these powerless air conditioners they built in Bangladesh out of plastic bottles.

Apparently bedjet is a pussy magnet. Buyer beware.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsmYsZQFh33/?utm_source=ig_embed

Shredded memory foam pillows?

2 Likes