How do I cool my bedroom?

Cause everyone on this forum is super poor, working 5 jobs while making 100 posts a day arguing about which show to stream next on Netflix. No way anyone on here could afford $500 bucks. I might as well be suggesting he buy a mansion.

2 Likes

That loser couldn’t even come up with an original nickname.

I recommend just buying a new house with central air.

1 Like

There are other threads to argue with Clovis

Is there a window in the bedroom? If so I’d fit a box fan in there and have it blowing out to create negative pressure in the BR.

Edit: this will probably just blow your cold air outside. I should think before I Type.

I’m not sure this is a a bad idea. The best ac units have two hoses. One to blow in cold air and the other to blow out hot air. If the room fills with hot air through the day and he closed the door at night and had a fan blowing out the window I think that would lower the temp. No?

Depending on the temperature I have a window fan blowing in at night. But the past couple nights it hasn’t even been getting below 70. I have no idea what that J word is.

Get some better jalousies imo.

Just mail me your apartment and I’ll figure something out.

3 Likes

He does live in a small apartment though

:)

1 Like

I’ll use this thread. Any fan recommendations? Needs to move air from window ac to back two bedrooms. Quiet also would be nice.

ETA: I did 10 minutes of research and ordered this. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025QKUE8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Did he say where he lives? Wet sheet doesn’t work if it’s hot and humid. Great for Phoenix, terrible for Miami. And, you know most of the US is hotter than anywhere in Germany? Portland Oregon is hotter than anywhere in Germany.

I just bought a second standalone AC for my 750 sq. foot 1-bedroom condo. The one I have is more than enough for the bedroom but not quite enough for the whole place.

I figure if I’m going to be trapped in my condo anyway - I might just lose it if I get confined to the bedroom within that.

The problem is in a typical LA summer near the coast - you never know if you’re gonna wish you had AC for up to a month of days, or maybe 2-3 total. By the time the heat wave comes it’s too late to buy an AC - everyone is snapping them up - and the heat wave will die down before it arrives if you order online.

It can get a little warm inland (East of PCH).

There have been a few nights that were like 88 and humid - as bad as anything I had in KC growing up w/o AC - just miserable.

Like a few nights in the last 10 years. It is hotter in condos though - and you’re on the second floor. And it is legit cooler by the block when you get close to the water.

This fan is pretty nice.

the solution to this problem is so obvious (box fan) and i keep misreading the thread title as “how cool is my bedroom?” so i’m just gonna post cool bedrooms itt from now on

2 Likes

4 Likes

This is an attack on my lack of a cool bedroom in multiple ways and I will not stand for it

5 Likes