Home improvement

That’s a tough one… i really don’t like uneven transitions. They say it takes asbestos 30 years to get you :man_shrugging:t3: :bomb:

You know what the fake snow in the Wizard of Oz was?

1 Like

rules on asbestos are such that it’s often a major pain for a contractor to do it. they have to document everything, tape off the area, have homeowner not be present, dump the waste separately. they have to keep the report for like 20 years.

the homeowner can “get away” with a p99 mask and just open doors and windows. if you feel the need to be more careful, wear a tyvek suit and googles, hang plastic sheets, spray water every so often, and wrap everything up into separate garbage bag.

3 Likes

Holy crap I thought you were joking.

Asbestos really isn’t very dangerous when it’s encapsulated in another material. If pulling up old tile put people at significant risk then we’d all be dead already just from walking on it. The people who get asbestosis typically were exposed to massive quantities of the stuff for years.

Just don’t make a bunch of dust - no sanding, drilling or saws. And please do dispose of anything you remove properly.

2 Likes

Didn’t those that developed asbestosis, have prolonged exposure to the airborne particles almost daily for years?

How’s everyone’s saturday going?

1 Like

That’s weird how that crack in your driveway extended through the rocks on the side and grass.

3 Likes

Broke my months long handshake streak when making the police report. Also thin blue line flag on the wall. Wonderful.

Police report?

Can we get a TR here? Now I’m wondering about the details.

Someone threw a rock into my bay window.

You witnessed it?

No just rock on driveway and window and yeah what else could it be, birds don’t make that impact. Cop said other similar reports from last night.

Those pesky Antifas

What’s the point of the police report? Do you need to do it to make an insurance claim?

Probably not but it seemed like the right thing to do? Someone committed a crime against me that is going to cost me thousands of dollars seems like what I should do is report it to the local cops whos salary I pay right? If I’m crazy here I’d like to hear more seriously.

I don’t feel like it’s wrong and I guess if there is some sort of crime wave of rock throwing, then it’s probably right.

But in a vacuum it seems like reporting stuff like this to the police is a complete waste of your time.

Oh yeah I know that for sure but that implies my time is worth anything

1 Like

The way your window broke is weird. First it looks like the rock broke through and should have been inside your house and not on your driveway, but I guess the outer pane broke and has the hole and the inner pane shattered and the rock bounced off it.

But, what’s up with the outer pane cracked and not shattering in that case? Tempered glass shattering is a safety feature so there aren’t huge shards of glass that can slice you open, but then one pane is tempered, but the other isn’t?

eta: Also did you say thousands of dollars? Expensive window. Must be big.

Grue’s house.

3 Likes