Home improvement

Thanks for the response. I did more googling and came to the same conclusion. Thankfully this is new construction so we can make sure the pipes are laid out to facilitate draining, if we go ahead with the hose bib and sink.

1 Like

plan = downward pitch?

yeah, the subterranean lines fall back to the basement, and you have valves to bypass and drain or something.

those lines could be shallow, since they’re to be winterized, and travel through the basement/ foundation wall at a higher elevation thereby

I’ve seen this done before, now that I’ve pondered it. precisely during the construction of a home.

Subterranea

How big is this shed?

I’d snap take the money.

Are you sure a permit is required? That would be very different from most US jurisdictions for a shed and very surprising for what I assume is at least a semi-rural area (and iirc tribal land).

1 Like

That’s easy for you to say. I’m sure if you had 17K, you would build a better shed than the 28 and still have 5K left over minimum.

Take money, hookers and blow, figure out the rest later.

I mean we’re all born dead anyways fuck building sheds.

In all sincerity, I have no idea what you should do and lacking deep knowledge on any subject I can only drive by.

4 Likes

I’ll do it for $22k and throw in the solar panels.

6 Likes

If you’d like a really fabulous shed send $17K to:

hey_you
c/o Tulsa Transit Downtown Station
Men’s room, east side stall

See ya soon!

I was going to suggest take the money and build a simple shed yourself. I just saw they want permits and what not which is a lot stricter then I was expecting. The packaged shed would be easier and faster to build and you wouldn’t end up making a bunch of trips to the lumber yard. They also should have plans you could use for permitting. I would definitely check to see if they have permitting included in the estimate.

1 Like

So just had some plumbers over and they did two things

1. Removed air gap in kitchen sink and replaced it with soap dispenser
  2. Replaced bathroom sink faucet and drain assembly (replaced rod type with pop up type).

I got charged for two hours of labor. They were indeed there for two hours. One guy did the vast majority of the work and the second guy was a trainee so I was not charged for his time.

So do you all think that is about the right amount of time for that job? I feel like maybe if he wasn’t training the guy he could have gone a bit faster. But maybe the second guy helped some so it’s a wash. The hourly rate was kind of steep, but it’s not like I was going to even attempt it myself.

@Rivaldo, what say you?

1 Like

Their job is to close out their liabilities as quickly and cheaply as possible. You should look at what your insurance contract specifically covers but if they’re on the hook to replace the shed to pre-accident quality and condition, you’re not being a dick by holding them to that. Keep in mind you have a lot of leverage here. They can’t close out your case until you agree to a settlement. They’ll usually get away with low balling people because they don’t understand it’s a negotiation, they can’t articulate why the adjuster’s offer isn’t sufficient to rebuild at the same quality, and they’re just as eager as the adjuster to get paid and move on. Your willingness to settle should be based on how much of that applies to you.

1 Like

That’s fair :slightly_smiling_face:

The lavatory drain assemblies can take a minute. That air gap too

2 Likes

Thanks. I guess at $180/hr, I was expecting the Usain Bolt of plumbing.

1 Like

Does anyone know stucco? My wife told me there were some holes so I went and bought a repair kit sight unseen but this looks pretty grisly to me. A lot of it has separated from the wall. Should I just get someone to replace this area? Can get better pics if needed

Desert. I tried the repair kit I bought but am not getting anywhere, takes forever to push out a tiny bit but I need a ton of coverage.

Call a pro. You don’t just need to get it fixed, you need to find out why it’s doing that. Maybe it’s NBD, but somebody who knows what they’re doing should look at it.

1 Like

That’s what I figured. Someone did some repairs for me a while back and told me he was a stucco expert but I can’t for the life of me remember who it was unfortunately. Shouldn’t be too hard to find someone but reliability can be an issue with these things…

Any idea how often stucco generally needs to be redone @zikzak ? Apparently our house was redone in 2009. A quick google search indicates that it should last forever generally, maybe it was just a paint job.

Yeah, I’d expect stucco in a desert climate to last like a hundred+ years or something if done correctly. But poorly done stucco is common in places like large subdivisions where everything is built fast and nobody gaf.

I’d be a little wary of a general handyman type person who calls themselves a stucco expert.

I’m no expert, but if you live in a tract house in the West it was probably just a crappy stucco job in the first place. Too thin, too wet, too dry, idk, but I’ve seen walls like that plenty of times. Maybe it had a tex-cote applied aftewards. Those companies are the worst. Really looks like a peeling tex-cote.

But, hopefully something more local to that area.

1 Like