Home improvement

Yeah, don’t do that. It’s dumb.

1 Like

How do you feel about pocket holes?

As a complete noob I’m a fan. I used them to build an entertainment center and you can’t see them after using the hole-filler doohickies (painted; I don’t think I’d use them on a stained piece). They seem strong, too.

They’re fine, and pretty common on production grade furniture. Not sure how well they’d work with 1/2" plywood though.

Yes. That’s a pressure reducing valve.

Buy a pressure gauge. Or see if the city or a plumber will come test for free. Make sure it’s working

errr was the issue low water pressure? I’m old

Another win for short guys!

1 Like

My bf is fairly tall 6ft 3 (or 6ft 2 and 3/4) and he cringes at those sort of situations. High five!

2 Likes

Ok broseph

1 Like

not a plumber, but i did a bunch of it at my house. that is an awful looking plumbing job on your water main. cannot even imagine what you’d have to do if that shutoff failed

Is it warm enough where you are to leave water pipes exposed like that? I thought Canada was cold?

Being taller doesn’t really stop one from climbing in spider holes. I know this for a fact.

3 Likes

Sure ya do

Tunnel rat was alerted to the presence of the enemy, because in total darkness he could smell his breath

Unreal the spectrum of human experience

progress

7 Likes

I really like the look of that flooring. What can you tell me about it? Particularly interested in its cost relative to other options you may have considered. Also any thoughts about ease of installation and expected durability.

Sorry if that’s a lot of questions–my girlfriend and I are just now picking out flooring for a new office/bedroom and haven’t found a winner yet. Any info would be appreciated!

it’s the cheapest vinyl plank you can get at home depot that does not look like absolute shit. i’ve installed laminate and engineered wooden floors before. this is almost exactly the same. no adhesives, just score, cut, and click together. the brand is Home Decorators i think. like under $2/sqft. would recommend.

as far as durability, so far so good, as long as you are not dropping weights on it, i think it should hold up fine. resident fur monster hasn’t scratched anything yet.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info, that’s exactly what I was hoping for. From the pics (yours and on the Home Depot site) it seems like it looks pretty good. I’ll definitely look into it more.

Alot of our wives don’t shave much in winter but this is pretty harsh dude.

3 Likes

it’s fine. disregard that

you go clockwise with the screwdriver. righty-tighty to increase the pressure. I’m worried you just have low pressure out there anyway, so if the PRV has failed and is restricting flow further, you’d have to test upstream from the device, too, or remove it, and test again.

1 Like

Goat

You’re hired! errr

3 Likes

Anyone have an opinion on the best way to deal with clogged gutters and downspouts? We have two downspouts in the back of the house going straight into the ground (it’s actually an elevated patio) that are making me insane and I haven’t been able to find where the water should be coming out. Youtube had plenty of ideas but was wondering what you good peeps recommend

1 Like

Not really sure what you’re asking. The downspouts should be either draining to daylight somewhere downhill, or going into a dry well if there is no downhill to drain to. If it keeps backing up then neither of those is happening correctly.

If you don’t want to dig up your yard and do it correctly you need to cut the downspouts above ground level and deal with it as surface water.