Help Desk

Thanks! I opened this thread to complain about this issue, but Mobile view seems like it should be fine. Amazing how something so minor could be so irritating.

1 Like

Hello help desk I have an emergency I tried to upload a Herman Cain.gif and it changed it to a jpeg. What is going on?

Please respond

Wtf? They’re removing the option to post gifs?

cache

I tried. It converted to jpg.

Herman

Uploaded from my desktop, automatically converted to jpeg. 3,343 kB.

Hot take: gifs make the forum worse. Good job, Discourse!

1 Like

Fortunately, we only post jiffs here

1 Like

I will perform an EMERGENCY FORUM UPDATE shortly. This will take us offline for multiple minutes, perhaps as many as 8.

4 Likes

I want to be compensated for lost time

2 Likes

seemsOK

4 Likes

In the recent days I noticed several videos posted that I was unable to play, for example:

This is both on Win 10/Opera as well as my iPad.

That’s been a recurring problem with different sites since day 1. Sometimes it resolves, sometimes it doesn’t, sometimes it affects a new site that was working previously.

1 Like

what causes threads to be “tracking” (I just assumed this automatically happens if I post in a thread)? I have a bunch of threads in my “unread” list that I’m apparently “Tracking” even though I’ve not posted in them and I am 99.99% sure I’ve never manually subscribed to them (or any other threads)

Herman

1 Like

From a quick search threads also get set to tracking once you’ve read them for ~4 minutes.

You can manage these settings from Preferences under Notifications.

Thank you!

1 Like