Help Desk

Sounds good, I think I’ll keep this one for a while

It seems that when derails are excised to new threads, they are automatically set with the same tracking setting as the thread from which they originated.

Is there a way to change this? And only have the forum track a thread only if you actively set it that way?

I think it only sets the new thread to tracking if you have a post in the excised thread. You can try disabling all the automatic tracking settings from your Preferences.

Hmm, this was not the case, if you mean a post in the new thread. I had a post in the old topic from which the new one was excised.

Thanks. I’m not sure if this is the answer to my issue, but it is something that is otherwise helpful.

Can a mod remove me as the OP of the Sklansky thread?

I changed my notifications so I don’t get told when people post but I still got notified when the thread title was changed to “David “Only Slapped A Girl That One Time” Sklansky”. I don’t want to be associated with creating said thread in FrenchBBV.

1 Like

Is there any reason this is happening with polls? This did not used to happen:

Start:

Click “show results”:

Click “show vote”

Click “show vote” a few more times:

I’m tentatively planning some extended downtime this weekend for other updates and hosting changes. I’ll do Discourse too while I’m at it.

So in the big scheme of things this is minor. But it’s annoying at times for me and I’ve occasionally noticed other people mentioning it too.

Example: Today I’m in the COVID thread and there’s a conversation thread with meb, mukdukaluk, and one of the other “m” users. So what’s the problem, you ask?

m-1 m-2

Note the colors for MasterofthePwn, meb, mukdukaluk, and MysteryConman. When they’re posting near each other it can get confusing unless one reads carefully.

Another one I spotted in my scroll of the user list, and I’ve seen these posters in close proximity in threads as well:

c

I’m guessing that the forum software does this automatically, likely picking a color at random upon user registration. So maybe we can’t change that, and even if we could, maybe it’s not a good idea for maintenance reasons, or there’s not a better alternative “algorithm” for user color selection that’s easy to implement.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to improve the situation? In the past there have been pushes for people to upload avatars. Could we do that again? Maybe it’s not required but if enough people have them the color “collisions” will be reduced.

1 Like

We could make avatars be like trail names. Community assigned if you don’t already have one.

3 Likes

I’m thinking of using this for my new avatar.

2 Likes

That’s a user problem, not a forum problem. I suggest yelling obscenities at them until they choose an avatar.

1 Like

May I make a small suggestion…
jbro-infinite

7 Likes

Perfect

6 Likes

Appears to be an issue where linked and uploaded gifs convert into jpgs

They’ve made a bunch of changes recently which will likely annoy everybody.

Monsters

1 Like

What if I ask you to do it but never use it…

i miss the header but i set my home page to unstuck so the buttons were redundant for me anyway

it’s probably cleaner this way

This is very annoying.

1 Like

Amazing lol