Help Desk

Echoing my comments from Exiled, I would be super happy if somebody could figure out the name of the filtering software being used in any of these places. We can always try to contact them and request to be reviewed and recategorized, but we need to know who to contact.

I can’t find the thread where this was being discussed, so I’ll put it here. Is there any way to give users the ability to edit posts indefinitely? If not all posts, then just in select threads?

If possible I want to be able to edit the OP of my log with weekly results, and I also want to start tracking my best rowing times for different length rows (500 M, 2000 M, etc) in the OP as well.

Not a big deal but figured I would ask as some other people had a similar request.

1 Like

All posts yes, but not in selected threads unless you make the posts you want to edit wikis (which would then be editable by anybody). If the community wants the former, it’s an easy change. idk how we measure community support tho. Start a dedicated discussion thread with a poll?

I think the problem is that many of these places could easily have it categorized correctly and be blocking it because it’s a political discussion site. I know my company blocks that category as well, because they’re going scorched earth on any site that can’t conceivably be used for productivity at work.

Fortunately I’m an IT admin and I can get around it anyway, although to be totally safe I just remote desktop into my home machine and do all my “casual” browsing (and some side work) from there.

1 Like

Neither Exiled nor 22 were blocked on the same network. I’ll try sending an email but I won’t hold my breath.

Nothing gets blocked for me at work but I got that same message above today. I thought the site was down all day TBH.

One thing I’ve noticed is that some web filtering agents seem to be lousy at giving a “proper” error message over HTTPS, and just give the generic site can’t be reached error instead. That was all well and good back in the days where SSL was kind of a rarity for casual web browsing, but now almost every site uses it because why not.

Every time I try to post pics it just displays the url, what am I doing wrong?

Post an example.

Actually not even the url there

It’s not a link to an image. It’s a link to a page that (I think) has an image on it. When I open it I get a completely different URL that shows a bunch of gifs, and if I click on the top one I end up on yet another URL with moar gifs.

Easiest way to get pics into the forum is usually just click & drag or copy & paste.

1 Like

On my laptop I sometimes find it easier to just “right click, copy image” and then paste (Ctrl V) into the post editor. Or I just snip part of the image and paste, if I want to crop it and it’s not an animated GIF.

How do you post pics from iPhone??

I think I got it.

Is there a storage limit on the site? It looks like I literally uploaded those pics to…somewhere

You did. All images are stored on the server here, even if you link to it somewhere else. We’re currently using ~200 MB for uploaded media and have 65 GB to spare. And we can add 100 GB blocks for $10/month whenever we need to.

@anon46587892

We’re current with all updates so this should be fixed now, I hope.

I don’t understand the difference between the blue and grey circles beside topics which tell you new post count?

But they both show up within minutes. Don’t appear to be old.

Grey = unread posts since you last opened a thread
Blue = new (and ldo also unread) posts since you last opened a thread