Help Desk

It’s not that big a deal. Sounds like whitelisting Twitter isn’t a foolproof fix. I’m not gonna whitelist Twitter anyway.

I think those of us using iOS are shit out of luck.

I clicked for the first time in the Beirut Explosion thread, which had 300+ replies. There was a summarize button at the bottom. I clicked it and it reloaded with 62 replies. What kind of hoodoo witchcraft is this?

Seriously, anybody know what criteria it uses to determine if a post goes in the summary? If it works well, it seems like a great way to catch up on a huge thread.

I’ll have to test it on the next megathread. I clicked out of it and when I went back it was apparently all like “OK, you’re done with the summary; we’ll show you all the posts again” and the summary button was gone. More witchcraft

It’s open source software, so you can find the answer if you really want to know. That part is probably written in Ruby.

Is there a way to set/reset where discord thinks you are in a thread?

No, it’s completely automatic. You can set bookmarks tho.

1 Like

is there a reason why i cant change the theme to dark mode anymore in interface? every time i click on the dropdown bar everything freezes and none of the options are clickable. i’ve tried in three different browsers.

Just reporting a 502 Bad Gateway Error that I had this morning. I’m guessing it was a me problem since I’m not seeing any other chatter.

Think that is normal Sunday maintenance

1 Like

Not a you problem, just a routine update. Anytime the site is briefly unavailable on a Sunday morning Eastern time you can safely assume that’s what’s going on. I always try to do updates then because it’s the time when traffic is lowest and I’m awake.

Ponied by clovis. Another update required!

4 Likes

Not sure if serious or clovis joke.

1 Like

Weird, idk. Gremlins?

I’m hacking the matrix.

I can no longer like or reply to posts. Just started just now

1 Like

Ok never mind, I re logged and now those controls are visible again. That was weird af

If you click on their name a little info box pops up, this is what yours looks like:

This is what a banned user’s looks like:

2 Likes

Is the site lagging really bad for anybody else? I did an internet speed test and everything looked fine. Rebooted. Still lagging bad. Especially on the asynchronous loads.

ggoreo must have flipped the doom switch for your account.

Serious answer is idk, everything seems fine for me and I don’t see anything unusual in the logs.

Weird. I guess maybe I should clear site cookies. Not sure what else to try, but every page load is taking like 10 to 20 seconds or worse.