Help Desk

You can complain directly to Jeff Atwood here:

That’s mostly a joke, but they are pretty responsive to feedback. It’s often a defensive response and sometimes not very helpful, but on the whole they do put a fair bit of effort into providing good support.

I noticed this as well and meant to post something, but I never got around to it.

I even tested it by looking for several posts I knew existed. I was 0/3 before I gave up.

I want a post count feature added. How do I get this? Just add it for me if it’s a big deal to do it site wide.

You can see post count under “Users.” You have made 5.2k total posts for 9th place - just above the Trump bot.

I’d like it to display below my name how do I make it do that?

That I have no clue about.

You would have to petition the the forum software developers to implement a feature they’ve already decided they don’t want. Or alternatively, bribe a 3rd party developer to create that functionality as a plugin.

this seems easier than zikzak’s thing how do I do this?

Where do you paste that code? In your profile somewhere?

We all have access to the admin control panel theme component section?

I’ll try that when I get to a PC later thanks!

Ignore is directly above Mute on the Users page of Preferences

Ah, turns out the ignore feature is only for Level 2 users and above so you can’t ignore people for another ~9 days unless someone manually adjusts your trust level.

1 Like

People shouldn’t be able to put their profile on private. What are you hiding?

1 Like

If the last post in a thread is by a poster I have on ignore, it remains in my unread list even once I’ve read the entire thread-- unless I view that person’s post, which, the point of the ignore list is the opposite of that.

Can you reply with “lol, didn’t read!” without clicking to view it?

Anyone have a link to those posts explaining how to get twitter stuff to show up in FF/Chrome? Can’t remember where I read those.

is there an easy way to quote an entire post without trying to highlight exactly all the text and nothing else and being at the whim of your browser

Click the reply button and then the quote button when the reply box opens.

1 Like

stupid question here. why does ctrl+f opens the forum search (which is annoying as fuck, but that’s a different question) and not the browser find option, which is what I’m usually interested in? Can I cancel that?