Help Desk

Ahhh, got it. Because zikzak made that comment and then your immediate next post was “Yes. I will add it to a theme” I thought what you added was what zikzak was talking about, not something new. Got it.

For me, I think what you added just now serves well as a way to introduce the forum to people and hopefully encourage more people to sign up. If others agree I would be happy to help draft some language or something.

Again I would only do this if other people saw the value too, its not something I feel strongly about and my interest would crumble at the slightest resistance, so would like to hear from more people that they think its worth spending some time on.

Thanks for sharing this option ggoreo. You (and all the mods) are awesome.

1 Like

Cool. I might jump on this once the grab bag walrus is done, since that is already taking some overhead to organize. I’ll just come up with some ideas in a new thread and invite feedback and we can go from there.

1 Like

2 Likes

how the fuck do I hotlink images?

I don’t think you do.

Easier just to copy/paste.

Or just take a snip and paste…

I was getting messages that MS was replacing the snipping tool with something else, but I still have it right now thankfully. Did you do an update? Do you have something called snip and sketch now?

1 Like

Seems like copy/paste doesn’t work for animated gifs?

Seems like the forum converts avatars to animated png’s, which is weird and also apparently breaks the animation with copy/paste.

Somewhat related, we can do webp images now which is superior to jpg, gif and png all at once apparently.

And I went ahead and enabled webm too because why not?

testing

1 Like

test 2

ok thanks yall, I was like trying to wrap IMG tags around it like a dumbass

For the last few days I am seeing this a lot. Nothing has changed on my end. Any idea why I keep being told media can’t be played?

It’s because the embed is in an iframe and you have enhanced tracking protection on. Go to Twitter and whitelist it.

1 Like

What happened to the ability to bookmark posts? There used to be a tiny icon near the like/link/flag area to click and bookmark a post. I found it very useful especially in the threads with thousands of post. Why did that go away?

Must’ve gotten wiped in the last update. They’ve been making changes to the bookmark features lately. I’ll have them back in a couple minutes.

Yep, that’s what I thought it was. They added a feature and renamed that menu item so I switched things around 2 updates ago, then they renamed everything again and the new one disappeared.

Thanks! That was fast.

1 Like

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is anyone else not able to play videos that are embedded in twitter links anymore? All I see is “This media cannot be played”.

1 Like