Help Desk

When you put it that way it sounds pretty dumb, but I suppose they have their reasons? I’ll do my links the old fashioned way I guess.

1 Like

Can anyone anticipate a problem with my creating an account called UPConfessions and publish the password to the community. Then I start a thread for anonymous confessions that anyone can post in using that account. It would be meant as lighthearted but I guess it could get dark.

1 Like

An account with a public password seems like a really bad idea to me that is pretty much guaranteed to be abused and taken over by somebody with bad intentions.

1 Like

I just enabled anonymous posting for fun. I’m not sure if this account can be traced back to me. Seems like a bad idea. I’m unenabling it now. It does show the last IP address anonymous posted from so not really anonymous anyway

2 Likes

So the anonymous account only shows the IP of the last person to post that way? That seems extraordinarily bad.

1 Like

I am Spartacus.

lol that wasn’t anon

1 Like

No but this is. damn it was better when I thought it was all going to be the same anonymous

1 Like

Back off again.

So everybody gets their own personal anonymous account?

1 Like

What could go wrong

1 Like

I think it forgets your anon account once you log out or switch back and then you’d get a new one

1 Like

We should have easter egg achievements. Like a badge for starting a thread with no replies after a month (i think there’s only one of those). Or first to 10,000 posts. Or most requests without doing any work.

1 Like

We can’t ignore mods?

1 Like

You just have to try harder… :)

1 Like

I don’t really know what that means but if I continue being annoyed I’m sure Google will teach me. Thanks.

1 Like

ggoreo for mod!

1 Like

LC and probably not the right place to put this and probably also ponied, but everything about this mobile banner ad is amazing:

2 Likes

Is there some way to show something (such as a notification like the ones Risky does for movie nights) for non-logged in users only?

If so it could be interesting to have some sort of a welcome banner or something for people. If you find your way here but have no context for things and how to jump in we could divert them to some sort of an introductions thread, for example.

There are multiple pinned topics new users see and I think some sort of welcome guide or something. I haven’t looked at any of the in almost a year so I have no idea if they’re useful, but they’re there. I think.

1 Like

Thanks! I think it looks great as it is with the “About” and “Join Now”.

So in the “live” version has filled out versions of what is in the theme, correct? Like actual content and links to to threads? I tried logging out to check myself but couldn’t see that stuff so I guess it is based on IP or something?

Oh I switched to that theme and could see everything before my last post. But what I was responding to was that in the theme the text is placeholder, so I was wondering if there was a different “live” version that zikzak was talking about here: