Help Desk

Seems like copy/paste doesn’t work for animated gifs?

Seems like the forum converts avatars to animated png’s, which is weird and also apparently breaks the animation with copy/paste.

Somewhat related, we can do webp images now which is superior to jpg, gif and png all at once apparently.

And I went ahead and enabled webm too because why not?

testing

1 Like

test 2

ok thanks yall, I was like trying to wrap IMG tags around it like a dumbass

For the last few days I am seeing this a lot. Nothing has changed on my end. Any idea why I keep being told media can’t be played?

It’s because the embed is in an iframe and you have enhanced tracking protection on. Go to Twitter and whitelist it.

1 Like

What happened to the ability to bookmark posts? There used to be a tiny icon near the like/link/flag area to click and bookmark a post. I found it very useful especially in the threads with thousands of post. Why did that go away?

Must’ve gotten wiped in the last update. They’ve been making changes to the bookmark features lately. I’ll have them back in a couple minutes.

Yep, that’s what I thought it was. They added a feature and renamed that menu item so I switched things around 2 updates ago, then they renamed everything again and the new one disappeared.

Thanks! That was fast.

1 Like

Apologies if this has been asked before, but is anyone else not able to play videos that are embedded in twitter links anymore? All I see is “This media cannot be played”.

1 Like

Look up in thread. Zizack answered me on this but I couldn’t figure out his suggested fix. I might be dumb though. Lol

1 Like

If you have tracking protection on in your browser you can try whitelisting twitter.com and mobile.twitter.com. This works for me on maybe half the twitter videos in Firefox, but not the rest. If I use Chrome with no extensions or custom settings they all show up. ymmv

1 Like

Annoying possibly new? problem I’m noticing, sometimes when I edit a post and save, it rockets me back like a hundred posts in the thread, anyone else seeing this?

I’m still seeing it.

Worked for me. You have an adblocker or some other add on interfering, most likely.

I don’t think any. Ublock Origin is turned off for this site.

You may need to whitelist Twitter too, like I mentioned above. But again, I have never been able to get all Twitter videos to play in Firefox no matter what settings I have, just most of them.

I’ve done the bolded as well and still get that error sometimes.

It’s not the end of the world if there is no fix.