Help Desk

I tried editing the last one you posted to see if removing the bit at the end would embed it but that didn’t seem to help but I think that might just be because Discourse doesn’t try to embed things after editing.

Oh man I missed this too and discovered on mobile I was on Light Theme and not Discord Light. Awesome.

One thing I notice is that when I hit play on an embedded video, it plays the audio but the video is stuck on the first frame until you drag the timeline a bit forward and back, then it plays normally. This is a mobile thing as well.

Certainly could just be me, and absolutely not a big deal just curious.

Not just you.

On Discourse Light?

usually if I put a space or extra line after the URL it will figure it out and load the preview

1 Like

Yah, maybe its only embedded Twitter videos. Will pay better attention now, but an example is post 365 in the Afghanistan Wars: The Taliban Strikes Back thread.

Figured out how to link, lol:

No idea. No lag for me on Light Theme or Discourse Light.

Oh wow, noodled around a bit more and check this out:

Refresh the page on mobile, comes up with the tweet and the video with a circular grey spot with a white play arrow in the middle. If I tap the arrow, GWB starts talking, but the video never moves off the first frame.

If I tap in the video window anywhere BUT the arrow in the middle, it starts playing normally. Isn’t technology fun?!

1 Like

i’m using Discourse Dark but i am not seeing the thread title on top. it’s just black.

You’re in desktop view. Under the hamburger menu select Mobile View at the bottom right of the menu

2 Likes

Tweets stopped loading for me when I post them

https://twitter.com/swear_trek/status/1422950608898822147?s=21

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1427742050804543494

The bot reporter thread lets us see that Tweets embedded properly 7 hours ago and stopped working correctly ~5 hours ago.

Could be twitter’s changed something and discourse will need to patch it, or could be something with our Twitter authorization key. Maybe we’ll find out.

there was a reason i switched to desktop view, and that’s to have the arrows for replies above and below. this will have to do.

Arrows stuff desktop on mobile only works on the Light/Dark/Grey Themes because that was a custom mod

1 Like

I think I fixed this now and twitter videos display correctly on the old themes

2 Likes

GOAT admin. Thanks Goreo!

2 Likes

Oh my god this shoukd be stickied. Ive been missing this for a week.

Usually embedded tweets opened in the Twitter app, since about two days ago they open on mobile Twitter. Does anyone else have that? :thinking: