Help Desk

GOAT admin. Thanks Goreo!

2 Likes

Oh my god this shoukd be stickied. Ive been missing this for a week.

Usually embedded tweets opened in the Twitter app, since about two days ago they open on mobile Twitter. Does anyone else have that? :thinking:

I get the option so I assume it’s in your phone’s app preferences or whatever.

Photos I post from my iPhone are automatically switching orientations when I upload them here. Any guesses on a fix?

I have the same issue.

Take all your pictures sideways and upside down.

3 Likes

Or just turn the missus upside down.

Would an admin be able to reset my encryption on PM’s i.e. I may have clicked the encrypt button but have no record of the twelve words so cannot view encrypted PM’s? (newb) Thanks in advance.

ggoreo for admin!

Thnaks ggoreo, disabled encrypted and can now reinstate if required.

I fixed this by opening UP in Chrome directly (instead of the chrome-app thing on my homescreen) and re-setting the default to the Twitter app :face_with_monocle:

annoying problem not being able to delete a bookmark via button on the bottom of a thread.

when i click on “edit bookmark” nothing comes up, and console is showing a call that results in 404

that’s just it. the thread thinks there’s a bookmark, linking me to a nonexistent post. but in fact i don’t have a bookmark, when i select bookmarks in the top right drop down, it says i have no bookmarks. which is correct.

it happens only in that one thread.

eta: alright, i made a different bookmark in the same thread, and button changed to “clear bookmarks”, which worked and page looks fine now.

piece of shit discourse. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would like to change my username to BigDaddySwaps. That’s the handle I use on a variety of platforms. I’ve been a low volume poster but heavy lurker here on UP as well as the old home. If this isn’t possible I’m happy to start a new account.

Thanks for your time and effort making this place awesome!

• Lurkingsince2004 now retired…Thanks!
3 Likes

Name changes are very easy, enjoy.

1 Like

Anyone else seeing this shit with all the twitter videos this evening?

worked for me a few moments ago

1 Like