Help Desk

Yes, it was decided at some point because he was unbanned. A log in the log thread would have been good.

Oh god my eyes!

There is actually a log in the log thread. The ban was reversed.

We updated from version 2.7 to 2.8

• images aren’t showing up
  • Themes are all back now. You may need to refresh, and then you can add them from the hamburger menu.
  • Sidebar is gone, maybe for good. Right now pages on Light theme the had sidebar are not centered because the main content is moved left to where the sidebar used to be.
  • Widescreen not working. Seems fixable but not sure I’ll bother. Definitely not for a while.
  • Some avatars display, Some don’t.
1 Like

Images not showing up is the only real concern with the update imo.

I’ve got some badge questions: What’s the relationship between groups and badges? I left some groups but still have those badges in my badge menu. Is there a way to remove my badge? What about removing badges for all users?

We used to display badges next to usernames, and if you joined a group, you got that badge. I will remove your badges if you like

Ah if it’s a legacy thing or takes admin action to go back and forth I’ll just stick with it, no worries. I change my mind too often to go down this road.

Okay, but it would take me about 30 seconds to remove them for you.

Just timed it and I could do it in 10 seconds

1 Like

Nah that’s fine, I appreciate it though. I don’t want to have to come back when I decide I want them back on, or off again :)

I was attempting to upload an article so that it would show like the article in Zikzak’s post

But you can see that the upload button only has Photo Library, Take Photo or Video, or Browse as choices. Am I forgetting something? Zikzak’s post is after the update, so I don’t think it’s that.

hmmm….not getting it to work.

You sometimes have to hit return after the link.

1 Like

I got a pm after setting my PMs to encrypted but it wants a paper key. Wtf is that?

When you set your pms to encrypted, it gave you a twelve word code that you need to enter. That’s your paper key. (You only need to enter it once per device, and then again sometimes like if cookies get removed o/s). if you don’t have that, IDK what you can do.

2 Likes

If you don’t have the 12 words you can generate a new key, but I think you lose all previously encrypted PMs. Pretty sure of this. Happened to me fairly recently.

eta: If you get the new key and post in here that it’s done, perhaps the person who PMd you would PM you again.

2 Likes

I disabled. You sent me something. Can you resend?

This is correct. As I stated in the announcement about the feature, it is legitimate, not-fucking-around encryption. Those messages are gone for good.

Based on the logs I’ve seen of password reset frequency, encrypted PM’s are probably not a good idea for some people.

1 Like

Anyone else having issues with videos on mobile? Specifically safari. They take over half the post and won’t actually play until you full screen.

All videos, or just in tweets?

2 Likes