Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

After I pointed this out, Pauwl then finished 1st, 13th, 2nd, 4th in the final 4 categories.

3 Likes

Good job keeping everything chugging along.

6 Likes

I’ve already told my wife my musical taste has been proved the best ever by the internet. I feel like this win could really change some things. So, what I’m saying is let’s not do another grab bag just yet.

3 Likes

Yesssss. Second place!

2 Likes

Congratulations to the winners!

SwankyWilder and Nicholasp27 are the only entrants to not get a last place finish.

jalfrezi got 2 last place finishes and still got bronze. And the madcap laughs!

4 Likes

Do you have PMs turned off?

LOL you have as many category wins as all three members of the podium combined.

This has been fun to catch up with, I’d probably try the next one but it seems hard to come up with all these songs.

so I’m kind like dark Pauwl

Damn you and your great entry here.

It really was good, and now I am forever the last.

2 Likes

Stone Roses was mine. Will gladly accept a solid Pauwling.

2 Likes

hehe, I’ll tell you a secret…I seriously agonized over this one. I knew I wanted to submit a song from them, but I went back and forth over which one, and after I submitted, i figured I’d get last because it is a slow song and watching the rest of the reveals led me to believe I was doomed here.

But the song is amazing and I should have trusted that, I guess.

This was my other choice:

Tip my cap to seites for the time and effort put in to organising this epic event. Love the format.

British 1-2-3?

Only real disappointment was the general lack of butthurt.

4 Likes

Well played everyone.
:uk: :uk: :uk:

I hope the deserved winner @pyatnitski realises when he changes his citizenship it’ll be the end of his walrus reign.

Me, I’m just going to have to rein in the urge to send difficult though brilliant Beefheart tracks. Get ready for a dozen Sting songs next time, you lucky people.

3 Likes

Either that or an eliminator. I might even volunteer to do the eliminator myself. Someone make a poll

I’m just happy i won the walrus and consider myself the world champion

3 Likes

What’s an eliminator?

Walrus. Whoever gets last place gets eliminated. So if there are 20 entrants, there are 19 rounds.

How is last place determined? Single judge or community vote?

At first it sounded fun but I guess I don’t see the advantage of an eliminator walrus over the traditional format. Anything that creates more sour grapes seems like a bad idea.

1 Like