Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

Here’s the song for Yuv, not gonna lie I haven’t listened to this in years so not sure how well it holds up.

Edit: Yeah I don’t like this as much now although it’s still a little catchy

Someone should do a walrus eliminator like dizzy did on 2p2

I’m probably putting this in mid-Pauwl territory. Which is to say, the middle of the middle. Its more pop-punk than punk hardcore which is where the stuff I like from that particular genre can be found.

1 Like

Wow I gave up a better than last finish, rip me

1 Like

IDK I thought this video was kind of funny. I don’t care for the song though.

anybody around for a reveal?

7 Likes

Yes, please!

1 Like

Category was introduce me to an artist I don’t know, which admittedly you don’t know who I’ve heard and who I haven’t, but I knew about half of them, and some were pretty obvious I’d know them based on my original post, imo.

1 Like

Oh yeah

1 Like

There was a clear nodium to me. Likely some of these will rank in other on here’s podiums, but they just aren’t my style and I wasn’t feeling them and not too happy when they came back in the rotation each time.

1 Like

The last place submission wasn’t actually a song. It was a sampling of 10 songs. Unfortunately, I like faster beats and more aggressive style rapping. I’m a 90’s Atlanta rap guy like Outkast, Lil Jon, Ludacris, and when I stray from ATL rap it’s people like DMX, Eminem, and No Limit; other faster, more aggressive rappers rather than the more laid back beats and rapping style of someone like MF Doom.

1 Like

@eyebooger
@miliboo
@suzzer99
@ChrisV
@skydiver8
@SwankyWilder
@Jalfrezi
@pyatnitski
@Yuv

4 Likes

@CanadaMatt3004
@LouisCyphre
@seities

3 Likes

I love Doom, but that’s a bit odd to submit a Top 10. (Hope no one minds if I rail).

2 Likes

Coming in at 12 is a band I actually hadn’t heard of. But it’s not really my style at all. I like a little bit of punk, but was never into the British Punk like The Clash, Sex Pistols, etc. That whole movement just passed me by.

This song may have done better in the repetitive category. I just wasn’t into the vocal styles, tho the beat was pretty good, but I was over it pretty quickly.

2 Likes

On the one hand it’s odd to not submit a song, on the other hand it’s an efficient way to introduce someone to a new artist.

1 Like

tenor

7 Likes

Yeah, given the category, I didn’t ding it for that since it is a good way to let me see if I like MF Doom, so meets what my objective of hopefully finding a new artist to listen to. Unfortunately, the other part of that objective is it needs to be someone I want to listen to more of, and I just wasn’t feeling the songs.

1 Like

sorry Swanky for knocking you off podium

Killing Joke has changed their style quite a bit over their long career. Don’t write them off just yet. Maybe check out „Democracy“.