Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

yeah eventually these hosts will start doing straight up pandering categories

I gave 3 purposely non pandering categories, then rewarded myself for it.

Shoulda just gone Ghost Love Score

Itā€™s 2/2 getting first in Walruses

I definitely did not get first when I submitted that to one of the POG ones.

Itā€™s the only way to go. I would never submit a song I didnā€™t really like.

I also always assume I have the best taste anyway and everyone will come round to my way of thinking

5 Likes

Oh, I guess I just assumed it got first; not sure how it couldnā€™t

Pyatnitski making a run for the peopleā€™s champ??

2 Likes

This is how I do it. Itā€™s obviously a terrible strategy if I want to win, but I have found a lot of good music from watching the reveals, so itā€™s an overall win either way.

motivationalposter. jpg

3 Likes

This was me. I was apprehensive about submitting a Clapton superground track as I seem to recall you being disparaging about the FUCKING GREAT Derek and the Dominoes album before. Yours was the last category I filled and I didnā€™t have any better ideas, so surprised to be this high tbh.

Yo @LouisCyphre do you have any metal recommendations that are not any of the following:

• Super heavy (Machine Headā€™s heavier stuff is the limit)
  • Growled vocals
  • Reverby operatic vocals, just sing normally for Christā€™s sake. Not keen on operatic production in general (that Nightwish track didnā€™t fare too well if you remember)
  • Prog bullshit (Dream Theater probably the canonical example here)

As you can probably tell from the Machine Head reference, Iā€™ve mostly listened to thrash, but Iā€™m open to other genres.

I expected better from you, son.

Sure. Would you like me to do it in this thread or open a new one?

Catching up with this thread now, I liked this song!

This song is pretty cool but after seeing your taste in ā€œchick rockā€, Iā€™m pretty surprised you won my walrus (technically I guess your wife won?). Seems like submitting Evanesence wouldā€™ve been an easy top 3 and I donā€™t know whether thatā€™s supposed to be an insult or not.

OK I see you submitted a Something Corporate song so we cool again.

@Nicholasp27 when you are able to do your reveal would it be possible to start around 5pm US east coast, or earlier? I am suggesting this to be mindful of the Euro/UK contestants, especially considering they are currently taking up some of the top spots ;)

3 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ll start between 3-5 either tomorrow or Monday.

3 Likes

I regret not entering this walrus only because I have entries think Yuv and Seities wouldā€™ve liked for their categories, not sure if I should post them for shits or hold onto them for later walri.

2 Likes

Swanky has been consistently awesome in walrus but yeah this is a great song, rip whoever submitted it (Iā€™m pounding out hundreds of posts in this thread today)

Sweet someone submitted a Phantogram song AND it did well! Last band I saw in concert (to be fair the concert was kind of meh). Maybe my Pauwl walrus entry will do better than expected. I submitted them to cassetteā€™s walrus and it bombed.

3 Likes

post mine now for da shits imo

Yeah I probably wouldnā€™t use this band for most of the judges here so fairly low risk ā€œwasting themā€ here:

1 Like