Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

A fine reveal jalfrezi, thanks for making it happen!

This certainly does throw the cat amongst the pigeons when it comes to the standings.

SwankyWilder, aka Mr Consistency, has now taken the lead with 98 points. Two points behind, The Goat looms large on 96. eyebooger and jalfrezi are still in it, and mathematically speaking ChrisV can still tie for 1st place.

4 Likes

I honestly did not know that.

3 Likes

Gotta make up 8 points in the last round. I can do this

1 Like

I will come second by one point because that is the way I roll

3 Likes

I don’t know how to write “I believe you” in a non sarcastic way. Hopefully this works.

(Not that my belief matters one way or the other, obvs)

1 Like

Jlawok.gif

Nice win! Loving that both goat and jalfrezi pick this as a winnar.

1 Like

Yeah it’s odd. I very often don’t have time to listen to a lot of walrus tracks and probably shelved goats winner for another time.

I was really happy about the breadth of musical styles here.

1 Like

I came across Lingua Ignota on Loudwire while listening to all the albums on this list:

It was either her or Poppy. I already had an apology formulated in my head for submitting a 9 minute song with screeching vocals where I was going to assure Jalfrezi that I had the best intentions and truly hoped it was something he might like.

1 Like

I thank you for making me listen to it this time.

1 Like

I posted that list in What are you listening to - #631 by Rivaldo in January. Now I am interested if that’s where @cassette came across Lingua Ignota.

2 Likes

i really think that i could shuffle the 13 songs i sent and do much much better. should have done more research on the walruses.

Yuv, I consider myself a Walrus veteran by this point so let me give you some words of advice: the sooner you accept that Walrus = pain the more you will enjoy this spectacle.

2 Likes

You’re doing it wrong. Always blame the host, never blame yourself.

2 Likes

I blame myself for not catering better for the individual terrible taste of each host

3 Likes

That’s the spirit.

3 Likes

except Swanky and Pyat, they’re cool.

2 Likes

No I hadn’t seen that list. I found her on Anthony Fantano’s best of the year and played the full album three times in a row.

Nice try trying to turn the tables tho, lol.

1 Like

j/k nice pick!

This was mine.

It seems I’m the only one who likes Ben Caplan, tho one of his songs may have placed 4th/5th in a Walrus.

1 Like

I see these Walruses as more of a way for us to share the music that we like with each other. I will only submit songs that I like even if I know a crap song that will rank higher for the category I’m submitting it for. Otherwise, these Walruses would just turn into pandering competitions.

4 Likes