Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

This was my 2nd choice actually, trying to bridge pandering and songs I really liked at some stages in my life. It didn’t age as well as I hoped. Not sure how well known you’d consider this.

1 Like

I have a good shot at a perfectly mediocre finish.

1 Like

I love that song. It was a staple at one of the clubs I went to when I was younger. Probably has too many slow parts for this category.

Yeah I figured you’d know it well and might be less familiar with Bad Brains due to geography, who are the best hardcore band of all time imo.

4 Likes

Bad Brains ITT!
Damn, Yuv is cool.

1 Like

I dislike metal intensely so am hugely ignorant of the genre. I think I was foolishly trying to appeal to your tastes with Judas Priest.

The Fall was me, and I have also FALLEN in the rankings!!

I was going to submit Bad Brains to Rivaldo’s MTV category. I’m sure they would have won so I should probably add another 13 points to my total. Maybe 14.

I assumed it was you committing suicide by Walrus Fall there.

Bringing these unconventional sounds to people isn’t working out well for either of us.

1 Like

When it comes to hating metal you and @skydiver8 are merely pretenders to the throne.

3 Likes

I tried to hype me up for another losing sunday but after listening to these songs I better go back to bed. :smiley:

So from my fan crush days on Stephanie Rice I stick with the olympic theme of the 2000 olympics to hype me up:

1 Like

Two oversights from yesterday:

I never revealed what I would have submitted for this category and I hadn’t really made a decision. Maybe:

Anthrax Fueled

Other candidates include Suicidal Tendencies “You Can’t Bring Me Down”, Machine Head live covering Cro-Mags “Hard Times”, Throwdown “Intro” (to Haymaker), etc. You get the idea. Something uptempo often coming with a thick coat of machismo.

The spotify playlist for the whole category:

2 Likes

I don’t know what I would have done with a Nightwish submission. They are one of my favorite bands and I know their whole catalogue forwards and backwards. It’s easy to pick a great song but I’d be disappointed to see them in a Walrus.
Epica is like Lacuna Coil for me in the sense that I have listened to all their albums but couldn’t name a single song. They have a great singer in Simone Simons but I most enjoy listening to her when she sings other band’s songs and duets.

Jonesing hard here folks. TV walrus helped take the edge off a little I 'spose.

jalfrezi said he would try to reveal on Friday. Not sure about @Nicholasp27 ?

I’ll try for Thursday

2 Likes

Been over busy with work and I’ve just finished the first bout of listens (some a bit tough going to be honest) and should be ok for Friday 10pm BST.

3 Likes

I certainly hope this isn’t in reference to the track I submitted of me whacking a cowbell with my todger for 23 minutes.

2 Likes

No, I’m all for musical experiments. I’m just glad you didn’t include a link to the video.

2 Likes

@Nicholasp27 You still good to reveal today?

Doesn’t look like it :slightly_smiling_face:

Work has been very demanding so I haven’t done as much listening as I wanted to but I’ll do my reveal as planned, in about 13 hours.

6 Likes