Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

Ha, yeah, I actually deliberately picked his least Robbie Basho sounding stuff. That is my favourite of his albums, but it was a zig when I should have zagged as it’s all excellent. The main problem is he does lots of stuff too long for Walrus, so concise tracks are at a premium.

I do worry he’s dead, though, I saw him about a decade back and he was old and he hasn’t released anything for a while. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

In 4th place with 10 points
Birdland - Patti Smith

(Patti Smith is someone I’ve read alot about but never really go into. This song is cool, but rambles on a bit. )

Just got in and haven’t been revealed yet.

Feels good.

2 Likes

In third place eyebooger…

3 Likes

1 Like

Let us begin

2 Likes

In 3rd place with 11 points
Slip inside this house -13th floor elevators

(jalfrezi I presume as we both entered 13th Floor Elevators for a Texas based band category in a previous Walrus. Good psyche band/song.)

1 Like

Nope. :grin:

3 Likes

In 2nd place with 12 points
Cities In Dust - Siouxsie and the Banshees

(Good artist choice but the song is a little too familiar. Definitely one of the genres I was looking for. I wanted bands exactly like this.)

suzzer99?

2 Likes

1 Like

That’s me.

I interpreted “dreamlike” as “nightmarish hellscape of fire and ash”. :grin:

And honestly, wasn’t pandering at all, SATB is one of my favorite bands, hands down. Pretty much any of their stuff would have fit the category, but I was definitely influenced by current events and a feeling of impending existential doom.

5 Likes

My guess is Suzzer was Patti Smith then.

My original pick was their Dear Prudence cover. Maybe should have stuck with that.

2 Likes

haha that was one of my finalists, too

And we reach the conclusion.

1 Like

In 1st place with 13 points
Space Song - Beach House

(This is one of the bands I was after when I said Dream Pop. I click this in my youtube recommendations all the time. The song is super familiar to ME, but I don’t think I can knock it for something I’m familiar with that the gen-pop isn’t. This is a good close your eyes song. Pure pandering, but this is exactly what I love. )

This is another one I watch the video for all the time. Directed by Eric Wareheim from Tim and Eric.

3 Likes

Thus my walrus is concluded.

3 Likes

Great reveal!

(I may be biased though)

Thanks for the reveal and being the first to kick things off Pauwl!

And congrats to eyebooger on his victory.

But this Walrus is far from over…

1 Like