Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

Siiiiiiigh

3 Likes

In 11th place with 3 points

Fatboy Slim - Build It Up, Tear It Down

I never really got into Norman that much when he made it big time, pretty sure I prefer his housemartins stuff. I was also jealous that he married the daughter of my childhood hero Jonny Ball.

Decent enough track and I see the logic in whoever submitted this, but again, too familiar and not really my cup of tea.

2 Likes

Butthole denied? Sorry bro.

Yeah, shoegaze style dancing.

edit: Missed the nodium. 6-10th place all Walrus so far. See if this continues.

3 Likes

I, for one, have still not given up on your epic comeback. This is but a fleshwound!

1 Like

It really depended on the weekend for me. I went to high school during the birth of the rave scene in the early 90ā€™s, so some weekends were all about packed warehousesā€¦and others were about wearing a lot of black, my Dr. Martens, and ā€œdancingā€ (shuffling around, really) in a grungy club that didnā€™t care how old you were.

2 Likes

'Tisbutafleshwound.gif

1 Like

3 Likes

I could think of at least 10 Fatboy Slim songs Iā€™d pick over that one.

This song captures the sound in my head when I go into a hole on nitrous oxide better than anything.

Wannawannawannawannawannawannawannawannawannawannawannawannawannawannawannawanna

Man that brings back some memories. I learned to code listening to this and about 8 other albums. Iā€™d go into flow state and just listen to the same CD over and over for 8 hours. I couldnā€™t be bothered to pick a new one and come out of my trance.

2 Likes

One of the best remakes ever. I wish he did their entire album.

1 Like

The next 5 or 6 were a little tougher to place.

In 10th place with 4 points

M Beat feat General Levy - Incredible

Man, I really wanted to place this higher, because Jungle is indeed: Massive. No qualms there. However, Iā€™ve yet to come across an MC who actually improves a track in anyway, Iā€™ve always wanted them to stfu so I can listen to the music. Submitter: itā€™s not you, itā€™s me.

No denying this MC has talentā€¦either that or a terrible case of chronic hiccups. And the opening line ā€œjungle is massiveā€ had me loling irl when I first heard this track.

4 Likes

Fuck you

3 Likes

I have no recollection of what I submitted for this. I wish it was Kalifornia though now that I heard it again for the first time in a while.

CanadaMatt, Seities, Milliboo, Swanky, respectively.

1 Like

Without the MC this woulda top 5ā€™d I think. Have some LTJbukem to ease the pain of your rejection.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s where I learned ā€œBooyaka!ā€

edit: the movie kinda sucked actually

2 Likes

Racist

1 Like

This was my other choice but it would have scored the same as this walrus clearly hates people of color.

1 Like

I thought about submitting a Shy FX track:

This track was a massive crossover hit in Australia. It charted at like #5 on mainstream charts while simultaneously tearing up dancefloors at underground raves. Never happened before or since.

3 Likes

In 9th place with 5 points

Sean Finn & Lotus feat. Sister Sledge - Lost In Music

Too slow, too cheesy. Handbag house. Nuff said.

1 Like