Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

I love that song. This is going to be one interesting reveal.

2 Likes

Ooh I survived the last two places - really unsure about my submission.

Fucked up that Not An Addict is just 12th place.

Just how good are the other songs?

There must be 11 really great songs coming.

Edit: Wait, did you edit your post?

Added the second line before seeing your reply.

Not enough to go slow pony imo

@SwankyWilder were you born in the 80s/early 90s?

Oh, good. I thought I was losing my mind.

I swear I have a version of Running Up that Hill on my iPod where it’s a duet (not just their remake) with her and Placebo. But I can’t find it on youtube. The one that says Placebo feat. Kate Bush isn’t it.

2 Likes

First two were good entries IMO. I hope this isn’t another category where up is down in the rankings. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s only one way to find out. @eyebooger, was Wuthering Heights yours?

1 Like

Dear Christ, no.

That was as bad as the book.

4 Likes

If nobody has called dips on Saturday night then I’ll do so now. I got the ranking roughly done and I hope I’ll have figured out what to do with the one submission that’s impossible to rank.

3 Likes

Can anybody start a walrus at any time?

1 Like

In 11th place, scoring 3 points
Cold Collective - Away from You

Well this just isn’t for me. The guitar sound and the vocal style is something that leaves me completely cold.

1 Like

I’ll be back in about 45 minutes so kindly hold off on revealing my submission, please. Thank you. Your cooperation is appreciated.

1 Like

I wish- no I was born in 1961

ok boomer

4 Likes

Not an addict was mine

Great song, but wrong person to submit it to

1 Like

Ok so this was me, and like…I’m not surprised, but I do have an accusation to make.

As you are all aware and no doubt telling your loved ones about on a daily basis, I made a selfless gesture and performed my reveal when I was surely scheduled to win another category.

CanadaMatt3004 was the winner of that category. Up until that time he had nodium’d 5 times in a row.

Since then my scores have been 1,3,3

CanadaMatt3004 has had a reversal of fortunes and gone 9,7 with Swanky’s score to come.

So what I am saying is that very clearly I took on the Pyatnitski’s Curse that CanadaMatt3004 was carrying up until that point and if I don’t win this competition that is the sole reason why.

Well, maybe the shitty songs I submitted as well…

But mostly Pyatnitski’s Curse.

3 Likes

Ouch. Sickeningly I’m a left wing debt ridden boomer, with my only boomer trait being I’m bloody old

6 Likes

In 10th place, scoring 4 points

Your submission: Title - Artist Leader of Men - Nickleback

Bold strategy Cotton, as they say.

As with the Cold Collective entry – it’s just a genre of music that doesn’t engage me in any way. I also really can’t stand his voice.

I was very tempted to place this higher just to be contrarian, but in all honesty it is bit of a dirge

Bonus points for being by far Mrs Swanky’s least favourite track.

3 Likes