Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

Oops. I didnt think it was a comedy song either

If I’d known he was after a comedy song I’d have submitted this (which was mildly amusing for me seeing as how some punks at my school lived in Hampstead).

I never said I’m after a comedy song. I specifically said I wasn’t actually, but it won’t be a disqualification.

1 Like

Note: I selected a comedy song, but the category was humor, so I am sure yours all fall within the guidelines just fine.

1 Like

Just to be clear and make sure I’m not completely crazy, you didnt actually say in your post that you were specifically not looking for a comedy song, right?

1 Like

Ha, well it’s this evening when I lacked basic reading comprehension then!

Ahhhhhh, ok

I’m not completely crazy then. I only read the initial post that was gathered by Seites and not any supplemental follow ups.

My conscience is clean. People are somewhat jumping the gun here I think.
Hopefully my endless walls of text doing the reveal will clear the air.

2 Likes

In the meantime just consider that the Jewish guy is doing his Walrus on the Sabbath.

3 Likes

Almost submitted this, but chose to submit something I felt had more chance of making its way into a playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRTB-FTMdk

Chap Rap up in this thread.

1 Like

We’re on in 10 minutes. Hope you can make it.

@eyebooger
@skydiver8
@SwankyWilder
@Jalfrezi
@pyatnitski
@Canadamatt3004
@LouisCyphre
@Nicholasp27
@seities
@Pauwl

3 Likes

@miliboo
@suzzer99
@ChrisV

2 Likes

Alright, it’s go time!

It appears my category has already stirred some controversy in the Walrusphere. This was the category as originally presented, although I did clarify it some more later. I mean i dunno, come on, there was a category about dreamlike thoughts…

Category : Humor. A song you actually like and find funny/humorous/witty. It can be just one line you think is amusing, it could be comedy music. Hell, it could be a funny composition if you’re into that. It just have to be intentionally funny and not “It’s funny cause it’s terrible and she can’t sing”.

Before we begin I do want to thank Bernie Sanders, whose miraculous run in the days of Feb 2020 reignited my interest in Politics and made me seek out this forum again. I would also like to thank Bernie Sanders, whose meteoric descent in March 2020 made me block all political threads and find the wonderful world of Walrus.

In all seriousness, I never seen this game before and I’ve been playing this with my friends for the past month or so. In fact, the idea for this category came as I was listening to this song for a different category in our Walrus Home Game:

I was kinda hoping to see more story-telling songs, but only one such song made it to my inbox. Overall it was very interesting experience for me. I think there were clearly 6 songs I like a whole lot more than the others. The top 4 were particularly great and in my view they are all part of a specifically-built 4 way podium.

All the text was written late last night and as always, please forgive any grammar and spelling mistakes. Also keep in mind that it’s all in jest and almost everything I write here is with a kind heart and not meant to heart anyone. Except the guy in 13th place. F that dude.

5 Likes

Niiiice.Nice. let’s do it

1 Like

In 13th place with 1 point:

The Darkness - One Way Ticket

Whoever sent this one really ran bad here, as I’m sure a lot of people would love this song. I will even concede that it might be a “better” song than some of the ones just above it, but I can’t stand The Darkness.

When the 2nd album hit I was at the peak of my ‘actually listening to music coming out’ period and I hated it with a vengeance. This album was so overproduced (and it was a ridiculously expensive album to make at the time) that the only way I could find it funny is as unintentional “look how this joke spiraled out of control” way, which I don’t think was their intention at all.

I mean they actually paid an infinite amount of money to the actual guy who produced Bohemian Rhapsody to produce the shit out of whatever charm it might have had.

The lyrics are okay, I guess. It’s about cocaine. Funny drug. The intro has like a minute long flute solo or something, so I will re-gift it to Jalfrezi for his category. Have fun.

It really is just my own very subjective bias here. I hope it’s not LouisCyphre but I guess there’s a decent chance. Sorry.

2 Likes

I am going to put off liking this post until I have seen the reveal for 13th place.

2 Likes

Alrighty then…

2 Likes

Oh, what the heck…

1 Like

Based on his comments today and one he made in the sign up thread, Sorry CanadaMatt :frowning:

In 12th place with 2 points:

Tripod - Gonna Make You Happy Tonight

I do not know Tripod and they might be Australia’s national treasure, but this missed the mark for me. They are clearly extremely proficient in what they do and this routine is very smooth and decently written (for what they were aiming for at least). Also whoever sent it wrote “I hope you enjoy it” which I appreciated. Sadly, it didn’t help much.

The first glaring problem was the medium. This is an audio recording of a live comedy act. I have not seen the actual live act but based on some of the very loud laughter from the crowd, there was physical humor involved. Which is great, if I could see it. The actual result is me listening to a lot of people laugh for reasons I cannot understand and it made me a bit agitated.

The second issue is the actual song. I didn’t rule out comedic songs, but in this case the music feels like a prop for their act. I don’t actually enjoy listening to cheesy harmonies.

The last problem for me is that I don’t love the kinda clean, edgeless nerdy humor. There were some good liners but it was very predictable and not a show I’d be interested in based on that one example.

Sorry Australia, but consider this payback for Matthew Dellavedova. We’re even.

1 Like