Grab Bag Walrus - Reveal Thread

I don’t know how to write “I believe you” in a non sarcastic way. Hopefully this works.

(Not that my belief matters one way or the other, obvs)

1 Like

Jlawok.gif

Nice win! Loving that both goat and jalfrezi pick this as a winnar.

1 Like

Yeah it’s odd. I very often don’t have time to listen to a lot of walrus tracks and probably shelved goats winner for another time.

I was really happy about the breadth of musical styles here.

1 Like

I came across Lingua Ignota on Loudwire while listening to all the albums on this list:

It was either her or Poppy. I already had an apology formulated in my head for submitting a 9 minute song with screeching vocals where I was going to assure Jalfrezi that I had the best intentions and truly hoped it was something he might like.

1 Like

I thank you for making me listen to it this time.

1 Like

I posted that list in What are you listening to - #631 by Rivaldo in January. Now I am interested if that’s where @cassette came across Lingua Ignota.

2 Likes

i really think that i could shuffle the 13 songs i sent and do much much better. should have done more research on the walruses.

Yuv, I consider myself a Walrus veteran by this point so let me give you some words of advice: the sooner you accept that Walrus = pain the more you will enjoy this spectacle.

2 Likes

You’re doing it wrong. Always blame the host, never blame yourself.

2 Likes

I blame myself for not catering better for the individual terrible taste of each host

3 Likes

That’s the spirit.

3 Likes

except Swanky and Pyat, they’re cool.

2 Likes

No I hadn’t seen that list. I found her on Anthony Fantano’s best of the year and played the full album three times in a row.

Nice try trying to turn the tables tho, lol.

1 Like

j/k nice pick!

This was mine.

It seems I’m the only one who likes Ben Caplan, tho one of his songs may have placed 4th/5th in a Walrus.

1 Like

I see these Walruses as more of a way for us to share the music that we like with each other. I will only submit songs that I like even if I know a crap song that will rank higher for the category I’m submitting it for. Otherwise, these Walruses would just turn into pandering competitions.

4 Likes

yeah eventually these hosts will start doing straight up pandering categories

I gave 3 purposely non pandering categories, then rewarded myself for it.

Shoulda just gone Ghost Love Score

It’s 2/2 getting first in Walruses

I definitely did not get first when I submitted that to one of the POG ones.