GOP insanity spinoff: UP interviews lagtight

My Catholic education included learning about the Yahwist, the Elohist, and the Priestly writer.

Up to 25 likes. Amazin’!

Cite?

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings with us. I look forward to reading more from you in the very near future.

Quite the contrary:

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. -Proverbs 1:7

5 Likes

13 Likes

big main character vibes itt

2 Likes

You ever been in a plane? Was the sky water like the Bible says?

27 now. How many do you think have seen it?

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Riddle of Strider

1 Like

I think there’s a decent chance our universe spontaneously blinked into existence ~6k years ago as-is. :man_shrugging:

Definitely more probable than shit like the Ark or a benevolent God that loves humans, but made them to be awful and sends most of them to Hell for eternity.

Actually, it’s just shy of 14 billion years old. The Earth, about 4.5 billion. 6000 years ago humans were just starting to write, paint, and discovering things like agriculture and copper if memory serves

1 Like

fyp

I’ve been on a plane four times in my whole life, and the last time was in 1978. I don’t recall what the sky looked like.

Having said that, since I flew on the plane long after the Great Flood, the sky probably would no longer have been water. The so-called “canopy” was probably the water source for the Great Flood, so I suspect the canopy wouldn’t have still been there in 1978.

Good question. I have no clue what the “like” to “total viewers” ratio is. Do you?

Kewl selfie, dude.

Bwaahahahahhahahahahha. So then why didn’t the Apollo astronauts run smack dab into the vault that had been holding all that water up and explode rather than make their way to the moon?

Your read is quite correct.

If there is a conflict between scientific consensus and the Bible, I’ll always assume that the Bible is right and that the scientific consensus is wrong.

Having said that, I allow for the possibility that my interpretation of the Scripture is mistaken and that the scientific consensus is correct. If I convince myself after some study that my interpretation of Scripture is correct, then I’ll believe that the Bible is right and that the scientific consensus is wrong.

That explains a lot.

6 Likes