GOP insanity containment thread 3: more human than strom thurman

I think you answered your question while asking your question.

1 Like

This is plainly unfair. Indeed, there has long been support for axing the Twenty-second Amendment due to the artificial limits it places on voter choice. Many popular presidents have agreed. In 1985, the Washington Post reported that Ronald Reagan supported repealing the amendment, saying in private remarks that the lame-duck label being applied to his second term left him feeling ā€œhandicapped.ā€ In 2016, Barack Obama told David Axelrod that he was sure he would have coasted to a third term if such a thing were permissible: ā€œI am confident in this vision, because Iā€™m confident that if I had run again and articulated it, I think I could have mobilized a majority of the American people to rally behind it.ā€

Among many other things wrong with this article, Obama making an offhand remark like this in no way means he supported the idea.

2 Likes

lol, ā€œproves so popularā€ that he never won a simple majority of the vote.

2 Likes

17 Likes

https://x.com/rogerzenaf/status/1774948448904622477?s=46&t=XGja5BtSraUljl_WWUrIUg

1 Like

Yea Iā€™d say out of all the mainstream commentators heā€™s probably the one thatā€™s the most inquisitive. When I listen to him I find myself saying ā€˜what about Xā€™? and within a few minutes heā€™ll answer it, and sometimes heā€™ll pose questions I havenā€™t thought of. Heā€™s centrist, sure, but he doesnā€™t seem to have a condescending attitude like a lot of New York Times columnists nor he just punch left as a default action like Yglesias.

1 Like

He takes obvious GOP horseshit seriously and is hilariously uninformed about reality, for example like 3 straight podcasts on Dems nominating not Biden (which itself was based on him lapping up GOP bullshit about his age).

Kyle Rittenhouse was literally too stupid to get into the military

5 Likes

jesus ā€œfar belowā€?

Permanently disqualified from the Marines? They wonā€™t even let him take the test again?

1 Like

How dumb do you have to be to be ā€œfar belowā€ the standards of the fucking Marines

1 Like

14 Likes

He passed.

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/JamesUrbaniak/status/1775267867711406330

3 Likes

Itā€™s his own fault, who pays $14 for orange juice and then complains about how expensive the meal is?

$8 for a diet coke kind of boggles my mind.

I think they were $5 at the Horseshoe when I was there.

In room dining.

yeah itā€™s room service, a.k.a. less financially responsible doordash

1 Like

Reminds me of this restaurant I just saw in England called ping pong that has a 15% charge that is basically, because we are who we are charge.