GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

Uh oh, your car is about to be cancelled at school board meetings across the country.

If you want more on this, Planet Money had an episode about Subaru’s Camp Out campaign.

2 Likes

It’s leaked into my brain! CVT is what I meant rofl. We have snowmobile transmissions that never shift gears.

2 Likes

My first dad car was a 2005 WRX wagon. I felt so cool and it was a fun car until the warranty ended

Maybe your car got too “woke” and that’s why it won’t work!

1 Like

I also have the 21 Forester, replacing a 16 Crosstrek. So many new features in a short time!

1 Like

I’m going to be honest that as much as I like my Forester I’m really liking the looks of this. If it wasn’t for the fact that I barely drive mine and have a great warranty I’d be looking into it.

Back in high school I wanted a WRX Sti so bad, still sometimes think I should buy an early 2000s model. I did end up buying a mid 90s Legacy from my uncle in college and drove that for a while. Amazing car in the snow, I lived in Duluth which is full of streep hills and blizzards and never had trouble getting around.

1 Like

Long? It’s not as long as the ex-wife’s outback. Pretty easy to park IMO.

1 Like

I test drove a WRX before buying the forester and it’s a rough ride with barely enough trunk space for a set of golf clubs or maybe two. You can make some years fast as fuck though!

I would want to turn a WRX into an off-roader with a lift lol. I have a lift kit and skid plates on my Forester.

1 Like

Nice! I want a lift kit and have taken my Forester up a 4x4 only road with no lift, protection plates or even a full size spare and realized how dumb that was after. ADF lift kit is what I’ll probably buy.

ETA: My Forester though is only .75 lower than my Silverado for clearance before the lift so they aren’t horrible.

I want these KO2s also but worried about road noise.

Company treats its customers like complete dogshit. My MIL had battery issues with her 2016 Impreza and they wouldn’t take care of her after she had every service and repair done at the dealer. I know five people who used to own a Subaru and none would consider buying another. Fuck em.

I’ve always wanted a Baja but the market on those right now has to be ridiculous.

just wanted to report that my crosstrek ‘16 got an upgrade in the form of a roof tent. really changes the way you think about going camping

1 Like

So I heard Steve Bannon got indicted. He must not drive a Subaru?

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/status/1459658826425249798?s=21

1 Like

It popped into my head today how crazy it is that he just plotted a kidnapping of foreign gov’t officials like the A-Team or some shit.

I pity the fool

1 Like

Did he say which religion?