GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

That crust recipe is the one I posted. It’s the one my wife found and it’s excellent.

1 Like

Sir this is the milk thread.

16 Likes

Costco had a great pizza last time I was there but can’t remember the brand. They switch out brands a lot at mine and I’m not a fan of the Kirkland brand really. They are nice to have on hand so I don’t order $30 worth of shitty delivery pizza though.

Organic milk is so damn good but spendy.

According to Wikipedia, there are currently 17 Kmarts left in the US, down from a one-time high of 2,486. Thanks, Obama.

Pizza and milk, the greatest combination ever!

it’s fairly common to buy milk on sale. perishable goods are like that. plus walmart and kroger are for sure wizards at keeping their costs down.

we only buy half-gallon ultra pasteurized organic, and its price can be $2.50 or $3.99 week to week. but that woman’s brain is probably bouncing between “waaf 75% inflation” and “waaf 75% deflation” with the help of grand ol’ propaganda machine.

Anybody remember these? There’s one left.

6 Likes

All these slanderous Little Caesar’s takes, and no one mentioned their $8 deep dish (Detroit-ish style).

I think in college I would eat a side of crazy bread for dinner and that’s the last time I ever had Little Caesar’s. I would wash it down with a warm glass of whole milk.

3 Likes

Never heard of them.

Might not have been a thing in the northeast.

I’ve barely heard of them since one of the last half dozen is in my town

Rax used to be the ultimate midwest fastfood chain in the 80s. You got weird Arby’s like roast beef sandwiches along with an all you can eat pasta/taco/pudding bar. Not sure how that didn’t pan out for them

1 Like

On a serious note, the abundance of cheap food has a downside for the previous concept of the family farm. Part of the reason why so much is done by big business.

They grow pizza on farms now?

the plight of the small farm can be explained by pricing advantages of economies of scale, market pressures that dictate harmful soil and crop practices, and a monopsony in distribution.

some family farms did ok by buying other family farms.

Sure why not.

1 Like

Was taking milk, but the grain, tomatoes, and cheese come from farms too.

Kmart is still a major chain here. 12 of them just in Adelaide.

Isn’t the Woolworth’s brand still alive in Australia as well? Although it’s not really the same Woolworths as was here in the olden days.

Oh yeah. There are only two really dominant supermarket chains nationally, Woolworths and Coles. Also Woolworths is a retail titan that also runs Big W (Kmart equivalent), the dominant liquor megastores, gas stations, etc.