GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

When I was in like 1st or 2nd grade I ran around polling Ford or Carter.

My other famous polling was Kiss or the Beatles.

2 Likes

More likely to be a rapist than a virgin, IMO.

Someone tell him that that many bumper stickers is a clear example of virtue signalling.

And bad resale value.

I have a bumper sticker that says “I hate bumper stickers”

1 Like

Trump/Kennedy 2021

1 Like

eh, many in here and definitely the political left blatantly hate america so not surprised this has trickled down.

It is pretty shitty to describe someone who wants to hold America accountable for its deliberate failure to live up to its stated ideals as a hater.

7 Likes

it’s better than it’s original stated ideals if anything

but it’s clear all the damn haters online are all very well off including the politicians–it’s unreal hypocritical.

1 Like

It’s not hypocrisy to demand from a place of privilege that everyone else be brought up to your level. I cannot realistically shed the privilege I have to not very likely get shot by police during a routine traffic stop without taking taking absolutely stupid and dangerous moves that no one should be expected to take in service of police reform, but I will still continue to advocate for the upheaval of our policing system until everyone gets the same treatment I do (or better, perhaps, but step one is getting BIPOC onto my level).

7 Likes

I wouldn’t call myself “very well off”, but I’m doing okay.

But if thinking it’s disgusting that Americans should have things that other countries have had for decades like universal health care and mandatory vacation time and family leave makes me an “America hater” then so be it.

Also, in addition to what Wookie said, like a third of this country actively wants Trump-style fascism, so I’m not exactly flush with ideas on what to like about America.

4 Likes

First off, is wheatrich meaning you own farmland or benefited from someone who did? I only ask because I think you insinuated it here or at 2p2 possibly. Or someone else did.

We’ve gone back to Iraq war memes. “Why do you hate freedom!?”

1 Like

I’m awfully damn critical of this country, perhaps not hateful but definitely contemptuous and ashamed, and I regrettably remain not very well off.

You’re drawing the wrong conclusions from a correlation. The people you are most likely to hear from online (and elsewhere) are those who have the time to devote to it, the means to attract an audience, the education to form radical opinions, and the communication skills to express them well. Those people are going to be overwhelmingly well off. You can say the exact same about most of the dickbags on the far right.

The only people who ever get to have their voice heard are the well off. It has nothing to do with ideology.

7 Likes

you’re gonna have to elaborate on this one, chief

It’s extremely common throughout history for the people who fight the status quo to be from the bourgeoise or even the aristocracy. Simon Bolivar, Che Guevara, Vladimir Lenin all come to mind.

Calling this hypocrisy is bizarre.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1412414652588384267

I like the ending that this is “unfortunately” going to be a bigger story in Tokyo. Yes, it will be because you will make it the big story, regardless of whether you just have to make up facts to create the story.

2 Likes

Yeah, it harkens the mobster cliche “I’d really hate for something unfortunate to happen to you.”

They’re going to nitpick every single clip with an athlete and an American flag, and when one of them takes the bait and says something critical about America it’s going to be a fiasco. It’s so ridiculously easy for right wing media to spin these narratives; they basically write themselves.

4 Likes

“its unfortunate and totally the left’s fault that right wingers get mad just because we invented a reason to get mad, very sad that the left has brought us to this point where right wingers will literally believe anything if it fits their rage narrative”

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1412444343269527555