GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

I mean that has a “mere” 185 million views. What’s Up having 1 billion views is much more than that

Right but im pretty sure that was passed around more on Ebaums World and Limewire and newgrounds amd shit

The word is on the street that the fire in your heart is out.

3 Likes

tbf, paul anka’s version is really good

Then we riot

1 Like

Never the biggest fan, but About a Girl is one of five songs I can comfortably perform in front of an audience.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/repriggleman/status/1409683268648136713?s=21

Shouldn’t one of his siblings invite him over and then lock him in the attic?

2 Likes

Saying you don’t like Smells Like Teen Spirit is proximate to saying you don’t like The Pixies which is unforgivable musical lunacy. :grin:

The Pixies are top 3 all time rock bands and Smells was Cobain’s total rip off of them.

2 Likes

The Lady in Red and I Just Called to Say I Love You are both equally the worst songs of all time. No redeeming qualities in either except they eventually end.

And yeah Pixies > Nirvana >>> Most others.

I’ll be seeing both the Furs and Bauhaus later this year. And they are still fucking great.

1 Like

I remember being 16 at a water park standing in the slide line while this really hot girl next to me was singing along to “We Built This City” that was coming in through the sound system. I’ve always associated that song with this moment, so maybe that’s why I never noticed it sucked so bad.

3 Likes

Holy fuck, 100 new posts overnight.

What the hell happened? Did Matt Gaetz get arrested? More idiotic forum drama?

scrolls down

Oh, we’re talking about Starship and Nirvana now.

16 Likes

You can easily appreciate Doolittle without liking Smells like teen spirit. You can also pretend The Pixies only exist with Kim Deal and their new music is just a prank.

4 Likes

Smells Like Teen Spirit is only one degree of separation from Matt Gaetz.

15 Likes

Agree with the latter but less convinced on the former. Smells is overplayed but it’s an objectively well written and executed pop punk song. Cobain is one of the best melody writers in rock history.

I wouldn’t say I am a big nirvana fan but I appreciate some of their music and respect their place in rock history. So many bands owe their success to them.

Caveat: I’m obviously kidding when making objective claims about music someone can like.

3 Likes

I like Nirvana (less than their peers), but I never fault anyone for not liking a particular song from any band, especially songs that have gotten “overplayed.”

1 Like

Pearl Jam > Nirvana.

Yeah, I said it.

7 Likes

Is this even a little controversial? It’s pretty widely held among rock aficionados I think.

The fairer and more interesting question is

Pearl Jam

Or

Foo Fighters.

Not a fan of any of the 90s Seattle grunge stuff but if I had to listen to it I’d pick Nirvana. Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots do absolutely nothing for me

1 Like

Saw people wearing these on Instagram this am.