GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

[quote=“skydiver8, post:5205, topic:3154, full:true”]
One of my favorite bands also made one of my most hated songs. Stay Up Late by Talking Heads…ugh. hate it. No coherent reason, just the lyrics and the music [/quote]

Wha wha WHAT?!? :joy:

Can be worn ironically or seriously, thats good marketing. Needs accompanying Florida Man For President t-shirts.

1 Like

Is that supporting him or trolling him?

Edit: my pony is trolling.

Definitely support. Someone commented that they love the hat. Their reply? Amen!

I saw that hat at live trivia two months ago

1 Like

Wikipedia:

The title was chosen to avoid confusion with Marvin Gaye’s 1971 song “What’s Going On

1 Like

That team/player crushed it I assume?

It was one guy and iirc he got caught using his cellphone lol

2 Likes

These music debates drives me crazy. I like lots of music and there’s lots of other music I dont particularly care for. But music is one of the few things that is absolutely universal about humanity and is valued across literally all cultures, so I take an extreme You Do You attitude to music. I think the only music I would specifically shoot down is overtly misogynistic or otherwise hurtful music. Other than that, embrace music as a unifier people, not a wedge. REACH ACROSS THE (MUSICAL) AISLE!

8 Likes

My two favorite musical genres are country and hip hop, lol. I am the Ultimate Musical Bipartisan.

3 Likes

It’s just always too broad. People like “band x or y?” discussions then I want to “well, this album is really good but” then they get bored and talk to someone less of a nerd.

Agree. As I said I was kidding.

That said, I think there are objective qualities of good and bad music in terms of melody, construction, complexity etc.

1 Like

What about Nickelback?

Whilst this is obviously correct I still can’t wrap my head around appreciating a piece if you hate hearing it. It’s why I think Stevie Wonder and Eric Clapton are 2 of the most overrated musicians ever.

I just heard a really interesting history of them and why they are so hated. I can’t for the life of me remember where. It basically went back to a joke on some show 15 years ago that went viral for the time and has since stuck.

I absolutely love 00s (mostly indie) music but the culture surrounding it was such garbage. It was the last remnant of stuff that had been around forever in that “selling out” was bad (think this ended with Ipods/commercials a lot) and making fun of every “arena rock” band.

At least its harmless.

I would have thought of Stevie Wonder as almost universally beloved. I’m curious why you hate to hear it, I find his music very catchy (especially pre 1980).