GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

Careful there. Unplugged Nirvana is nearly perfect.

3 Likes

No.

1 Like

Pavement aged better than Nirvana and I really hope I can see them next year.

3 Likes

Insanity in the GOP insanity thread. Maybe we need a music thread?

I don’t know what that is but it’s terrible.

Hey the wife surprised me with Genesis tix for fathers day. But wait- I got an idea-I’m going to air drum In the Air Tonight. Just you wait, I bet I’m going to start a trend.

I have seriously told my wife that I will be disappointed if they don’t play it at least 3 times.

4 Likes

fuck that was out of my brain memory too. thx.

Mine is probably that Where Did You Sleep Last Night - also remake, same album.

But SLTS is a good freaking song. Come as you are bores me. In Bloom is a little better. Heart Shaped Box I never liked.

I always think of Cameo when I hear those voices.

And then I think of that Dilla remix of Love Junkee by Dj Cam feat Cameo.

Another Dilla joint that would have been a #1 hit if you slap Pharrell’s name on it and play it on hot 97.

I have been forced to listen to way too much of Stephen Malkmus’ plaintive disjointed whiny caterwalling in my life. I respect Pavement on a musical level, but I can’t stand listening to his voice.

Solid entry.

All in:

I think my top 3 for Nirvana would be pennyroyal tea, about a girl and something in the way.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re trying to confess a love of Air Supply.

1 Like

It’s a good song for karaoke.

I gravitated towards non-grunge alternative in the 90s. Generally, stuff closer to alternative pop than alternative rock, not much rock that’s harder than acts that would now be considered adult alternative.

1 Like

Fuck I didn’t know it was called What’s Up but can sing the lyrics probably.

It has a billion views.

1 Like

oh my god do i try!

1 Like

Most definitely not worst song ever.

Pennyroyal tea is a great song. I was a hater of most grunge and pop music in general in that time but that album is impossible to fake hate on.

1 Like

I can real hate on it, though

Seems like you’re hating on a lot of songs then…

You don’t like Kurts voice?