GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

My solution was just to never skate with girls.

1 Like

I just hated most of that teen pop shit at the time.

Gimme REM, U2, Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Ultravox, Roxy Music, Joy Division/New Order, The Clash, etc etc etc over that crap any day.

4 Likes

I made them skate backwards or no go. I was so much more popular in grade school now looking back. We only kissed in the closet then and played spin the bottle. What a waste of popularity.

My first kiss/date/sex was happened in the same week at age 15. It was pretty grim before that. I peaked about age 24 when I was doing comedy.

1 Like

I just googled “worst songs of all time”

First link was List of music considered the worst - Wikipedia that had “We Built this City”

Second link was an unranked list from NPR that had “We Built this City”

Third link was a ranked list that had “We Built this City” as #1

4 Likes

That’s a little harsh. I mean this exists.

“We Built This City” is bland corporate rock. It’s not a good song. It gets criticized for being a good enough example of a bad subgenre to hit #1 and be overplayed. It’s not dubbed the worst song ever if it only get to #36.

Do people really consider “What’s Up?” by 4 Non Blondes to be one of the worst songs of all time?

2 Likes

Yeah when I looked at the rest of the list What’s Up did stick out to me as wtf choice. Believe it or not the song has over a billion views on YouTube. I still like the song.

1 Like

This is what we rolled skated to back in the mid 70s

1 Like

Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head might be my most hated song.

1 Like

I love this shit. Cheesy pop songs often age better than “rock”.

It’s like in the movie Valley Girl - they kind of bash the Valley Girl music like OMD that the jocks with the popped collars are into. The really cool music is supposed to be the grungy stuff Nick Cage is into - which is utterly forgettable.

She’s no Robin Sparkles.

1 Like

One of my favorite bands also made one of my most hated songs. Stay Up Late by Talking Heads…ugh. hate it. No coherent reason, just the lyrics and the music inspire visceral hatred in me.

I also hate Smells Like Teen Spirit.

“Skydiver banned until July 1st for intentionally stirring up shit.” :D

10 Likes

We built this city seems really bad, a lot of songs on that wiki list made me chuckle

1 Like

I like Smells Like Nirvana more than Smells Like Teen Spirit. I’m glad Kurt Cobain stopped making music.

I fucking hate Imagine by John Lennon.

1 Like

Smells like teen spirit is pretty bad and I’m going to go out on a limb and say nirvanas hits in general are not great.

My fav nirvana song is the man who sold the world which isn’t even a nirvana original

3 Likes

Disliked it then. Dislike it now. Definitely among the worst songs people think is an ok song.

It’s like indie-ish pop.

omg…I feel like I’ve found the only dudes on the internet who don’t knob slobber all over Nirvana.

Ugh, most overrated band. I really just don’t like them at all.

2 Likes

Raise.

2 Likes