GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

Go into any thread on Twitter where a blue check conservative calls for a boycott (of Nike, for example). You will read a litany of Ben Shapiro wannabes about how BUT ACTUALLY boycotts aren’t cancel culture because what that is is “deplatforming” herp derp

It’s the same garbage every single time. Cancel culture is just fine as long as it’s THEY who are doing the canceling.

1 Like

https://www.axios.com/jd-vance-ohio-senate-run-754659db-c552-4c7d-9ff4-a0103246b375.html

Mr. 4%!

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1387800186865524741?s=21

https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1387801082496176129?s=21

11 Likes

Lately I’m just randomly playing through my library of mostly old shit. Cool stuff comes up but also stuff I like that’s kind of embarrassing. I can’t help wondering what my neighbors think when they walk past my door.

You hate to see it.

https://twitter.com/jannwolfe/status/1409519867712229378?s=21

5 Likes

Old shit or ooooollllld shit? You reminded me that in grade school I was skating with girls to Duran Duran, Starship and Tiffany.

2 Likes

I followed one of the links in this article, and sweet Jesus, calling these two utter pieces of shit is an insult to shit:

The McCloskeys have filed many other lawsuits. They sued a man who sold them a Maserati they claimed was supposed to come with a box of hard-to-find parts. In one trip to the courthouse in November 1996, Mark McCloskey filed two lawsuits, one against a dog breeder whom he said sold him a German shepherd without papers and the other against the Central West End Association for using a photo of their house in a brochure for a house tour after the McCloskeys had told them not to.

“I guess we were saving gas,” he would quip in a deposition in another case about why he filed two lawsuits at once.

Mark McCloskey has run off trustees trying to make repairs to the wall surrounding his property, insisting that he and his wife own it. In 2013, he destroyed bee hives placed just outside of the mansion’s northern wall by the neighboring Jewish Central Reform Congregation and left a note saying he did it, and if the mess wasn’t cleaned up quickly he would seek a restraining order and attorneys fees. The congregation had planned to harvest the honey and pick apples from trees on its property for Rosh Hashanah.

“The children were crying in school,” Rabbi Susan Talve said. “It was part of our curriculum.”

1 Like

I got my most ever twitter likes just today (33!) ripping on this terrible, terrible song.

4 Likes

“Marconi plays the mamba”

what is a mamba?! Google tells me he really meant mambo. I’m not so sure. There was so much cocaine involved obv.

More like Airplane.

2 Likes

Yeah, they were awesome then. I didn’t hear that psychedelic shit until like 18 years old though. I had a crush on a Sara and dated (going out with then) a few of her friends (in grade school) to get her jealous so this was also wore out the cassette lmao. Haven’t thought about this in decades. Thx for that post.

2 Likes

Oh noes did something uncomfortable happen to Kyle rittenhouse (ac to rotten house) for a month?

One of my least favorite songs ever.

2 Likes

I agree. Those skating rink memories today were harsh. Or wait. Is this one worse?

2 Likes

Them drum machine beats!

I do think this one is worse by a slight margin, only because it’s a bad cover. I mean, at least We Built This City is…erm…original. LOL

And i dislike her nasally voice.

1 Like

I feel like you people are trying to piss all over my formative years. We’re hating on Tiffany now?

3 Likes

She’s a better singer than a lot of pop stars probably but that video lol.

My skating rink memories are Another Brick in the Wall, Jukebox Hero, Babe (Styx) and Working My Way Back to You Babe.

/old

1 Like

I couldn’t skate backwards so the girl had to. I felt like a dipshit. I had an ice skating rink by me and was good at sports but could never get skating backwards rofl.

2 Likes