GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

$250M isn’t going to build 5 miles of wall. They don’t seem serious about keeping Texas safe.

1 Like

$250m crumbling monument as a political prop? of course it’s going to work.

2 Likes

They’re serious about grifting.

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1405462587538542593

1 Like

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/tom-cotton-warns-that-chinese-will-use-olympics-to-harvest-us-dna-for-supersoldiers

1 Like

“Losing your DNA is not like losing a credit card,” the document reads. “You can order a new credit card, but you cannot replace your DNA.”

That’s why I don’t carry my DNA with me. I keep mine in a safe at home.

10 Likes

I honestly didn’t think we still did electric chair executions.

Exactly. Once its gone its gone.

https://twitter.com/robertmaguire_/status/1405495092677332992?s=21

“I really don’t want to have to end anybody’s life for the good of the people of the United States of America,” Braddock said at one point in the conversation last week, according to the recording exclusively obtained by POLITICO. “That will break my heart. But if it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Luna is a f—ing speed bump in the road. She’s a dead squirrel you run over every day when you leave the neighborhood.”

Lol, this is straight from the Trump school of crises management:

“The folks in possession of whatever recording they think they have of myself or someone else (which may even be altered and edited) will be facing civil damages suit(s) when the paperwork is file [sic] with the county and felony charges after I file with the local police department,” Braddock said in his text message to POLITICO. “I strongly advise not to get involved because the civil suits will continue to be filed until people stop sharing them because whomever is on the recording did not consent to be recorded in my humble opinion.”

3 Likes

“THATS NOT ME IN THAT RECORDING AND, BESIDES, I DID NOT CONSENT TO BEING RECORDED! I WILL SUE EVERYONE!!!”

5 Likes

These are the people who will be in full control of the country in 5+ years lol.

When we say WAAF because of voter laws, it’s not because it’s going to Mitchs GOP running shit for a cool decade, it’s going to be crazier and crazier people winning primaries and it will be the MTGs and people like this running the country. True believers.

When you think of what that looks like, though, it is actually more an abdication of “control of the country”. The MTG types will certainly run through Congress a bunch of legislation about culture war stuff, but they aren’t organized enough to actually steer the country in any meaningful direction. They will enact legislation that allows them to be cruel to groups that they want to punch down at, and that has real and widespread damage of course, but a broader problem is that everything in the Federal government will stop working. Without the US federal government doing all the “iceberg under the water shit” that we don’t think about, like, oh, I don’t know, monitoring new virus activity in China, we are headed for rolling Covid-level crises every few years unless China steps into the vacated shoes of the US on a global scale. Which is not an unreasonable bet, but whoa momma that’s a big bet.

It’s also a scary bet. As awful as the US has been historically as a world power, I can’t imagine China being much better, but I can imagine it being a lot worse.

2 Likes

They will also go above and beyond to pass legislation that keeps them in power indefinitely.

It kinda sounds like Putins words when Ukraine was allowed to join NATO the last time around had some substance, alough that’s just crazy talk right, right?

Talking about Gramsci, post-structuralism, Frankfurt School, critical theory and Saussure on national television like they are household terms. Pretty awesome actually. But even I only got half of it and I studied that stuff at the university (although I think he is unfairly lumping in Gramsci with vulgar-Marxist determinism, if I understood that part correctly.

this is key. the inside the beltway pundit class thinks that Mitt Romney is a typical republican and that Boebert/MTG/Trump/etc are these barbarians. They want it to be one way. But it’s the other way.

4 Likes

No. Moment of silence for all the jokes made, deservedly, about Floridians each day.