GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

It’s a question of maximizing ev. With Trump around, the probability of scooping a big pot is significantly higher.

I totally agree, but he may be able to satisfy his narcissist itch by playing kingmaker. Imagine daily coverage of all the R candidates flying down to Maralago to beg for his endorsement, Fox having him call in so they can beg him to comment on the candidates, etc. He’ll be in heaven, its basically a real life version of the Apprentice.

3 Likes

Imagine what these images will look like in 3 years. Of course, Biden isn’t looking A+ himself, but Trump may not be physically able to run. The flip side is there’s nobody to stop it.

He’s not wrong

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/1404392701643177985?s=21

3 Likes

Demanding!

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1404415829874118660?s=21

JFC, he’s gonna be doing this for three more years.

At this rate, possibly not.

The 2022 senate map is great for Democrats in theory, but if they keep doing nothing to help people, they could easily lose the majority.

1 Like

Dems could be messaging about their ginormous spending bill or declaring victory on COVID but instead they’re going to be crowing about these investigations that no once cares about and absolutely will not ever go anywhere.

3 Likes

Tick Tock…

The Garland nomination is a complete disaster. The move was to outsource the accountability project to a bulldog AG and focus all congressional energy on delivering meaningful legislation.

They’ve blown it on both fronts and deserve what’s coming. I wish the stakes weren’t so high but they’re just not fit to be in power.

3 Likes

They should be talking non-stop about what’s in the spending bills and how it will help people rebuild and how Biden magically made the COVID go away. Shit people care about. No one cares about giving an unenforceable subpoena to Jeff Sessions, are you kidding.

2 Likes

I really think there’s a wing of the democratic party that thinks it’ll be a slam dunk to run on “well we’ve investigated the previous administration thoroughly and found some very irregular things going on (that we won’t proceed to take any further action on but whatever), what do you think about that?” when in fact it’s gonna put their own voters to sleep, and just make the GOP base high-five each other about it on the way to the polls.

1 Like

They’re scared of Republicans calling them irresponsible “tax and spend” liberals. The eDems have surrendered to the Rs on tax rhetoric, like they have for pro-military propaganda.

1 Like

The funny thing is that this isn’t going to happen. Mitch and a few congressional Republicans tried talking about excess spending but they’ve been drowned out by “CRITICAL RACE THEORY!” culture war bullshit from the post-policy conservative media empire.

1 Like

Yeah but the Dem leadership lives in 1996.

1 Like

I’m way late on the conservative coffee shop thing, but I thoroughly examine independent coffee shops in rural parts of the south before buying anything. Many, many of them (like 50%) are evangelical businesses that are tied to the church and support missionary activities. They’re far worse than Chick-Fil-A and it’s not even close; I’ll just get my bad coffee at McDonald’s instead (Christian coffee also tastes like shit).

Sometimes the Christianity is subtle, but you can tell it’s there if you look around. They always tell on themselves.

7 Likes

Interesting. I didn’t know this was even a thing.

1 Like

Garbage trucks are pretty common pretty obvious with verses on the back. Obv rarely a choice in provider.

there’s a coffee shop in seattle that someone tried to boycott because their owner is some religious guy donating to a local church that’s either anti trans or anti gay. before the controversy fewer people were even aware of the shop’s existence, and most of them had forgotten the scandalous part. so it didn’t work…. not sure what else they tried.

the shop has a stupid free beans promotion if you give them an email address with a cup of coffee, so i give them a new throwaway address every time. hopefully that scams them enough to reduces their hate dollars.

3 Likes

They’re literally never going to learn. Absolute madness.

https://twitter.com/davidmfaris/status/1404461104361881604?s=21