GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

I think I need to learn more about CRT for the sole purpose of trolling conservatives online.

https://twitter.com/marclamonthill/status/1389913125047005185

3 Likes

megyn is lying here as well, the voir dire questionaire didn’t ask jurors if they “ever protested cops” it asked if they had attended protests in the state of minnesota which this guy had not. It’s the defenese attorney’s fault for asking dumb questions, they had their opportunity to ask and this guy did not lie to them.

10 Likes

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/551935-sherrod-brown-calls-rand-paul-kind-of-a-lunatic-for-not-wearing-mask

A spokesperson for Paul hit back at Brown, telling the outlet that “Vaccine deniers, who dispute immunity after natural infection and after vaccination, should refrain from name-calling and perhaps try to get informed.”

2 Likes

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH SHERROD

2 Likes

Kind of? Sherrod Brown is soft on lunatics.

2 Likes

TIL Barbie is a youtuber

and she has black friend Nikki

and they made a video about race

and was praised for it

and the comments are turned off for it, (63K/16k likes/dislikes)

anyway, woke barbie is not what i had on my bingo.

imagine being anti-CRT boomer conservative, and seeing this.

2 Likes

Our system is broken enough that a black juror’s t-shirt will probably help a murderer get a new trial but dozens or hundreds of examples of Donald Trump’s criminality and dishonesty wrt legal proceedings results in nothing. LOL LAWBROS.

4 Likes

I don’t blame anyone for rioting if Chauvin gets a new trial.

We know

12 Likes

I would be pretty surprised at a new trial. This seems more like conservatives just needing a fiction to believe that the verdict was FAKE NEWS.

3 Likes

Hope you are right.

3 Likes

Why would conservatives care if Chauvin gets a new trial? Their sweet spot is actually having him rot in prison as PROOF that the REAL victims in the US are White Conservative Christians. The whole system is RIGGED against them!!! They had an ANTIFA on the jury and locked up a HERO!!!

1 Like

I like how your question answers itself. Efficient.

3 Likes

This juror chose to go public and do interviews. He could have remained anonymous.

1 Like

If you’re serious about this, for an easy introduction/overview, you could read How to be an Antiracist by Ibram Kendi.

I don’t know if it’s “critical race theory” per se (I’m not an expert), he covers a lot of the aspects of CRT that seem to trigger the right-wingers, like the concept of systemic racism (“all white people are racist!”), intersectionality (“identity politics”), equity vs. equality (“anti-white discrimination”), and others.

Maybe he thinks he can cash in on being a juror. Or maybe he wants to be famous. Both of those seem like bad ideas to me.

As far as juror anonymity, it’s not the default rule and a special request has to be made (usually based on the amount of publicity surrounding the case and/or the unique likelihood that someone might try to intimidate the jurors). Obviously, this applies in the Chauvin case, so some protections were put in place.

This article seems to indicate that although the Judge issued an order keeping their identities anonymous, he also told them that he would make the information public eventually. Also, even though names weren’t revealed, the article includes a lot of info that could be used to identify a juror if you really wanted to (age, occupation, etc). So maybe the juror figured his cover was already blown.

3 Likes

I feel like other than a few rabid ones, conservatives think of him more as the sacrificial lamb they can all point to and say “see the system works fine, cops do get held accountable! Obviously it all proves that in all those other cases where they didn’t even face charges, they were totally justified and the so-called victim was no angel yada yada”.

3 Likes

Most deplorables will have no problem simultaneously using Chauvin as PROOF that the system works and #alllivesmatter and PROOF that the system is rigged against HEROES that protect our precious innocent (white) children from ever present Urban threats.

7 Likes