GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

1 Like

Or they could, you know, point out the obvious that Propaganda Barbie’s favorite “President” set an all-time record for inflaming. Some people are saying he was maybe the biggest inflamer of all time.

3 Likes

90%+ to win primary

The next time Kayleigh has something to say, reporters could instead report on what Chrissy Tiegen had for lunch instead. It doesn’t inform anyone, but at least it’s probably a pretty cool lunch and it won’t empower lying fascists.

3 Likes

They should just play the Billy Madison “everyone is now dumber” scene after everything she says or posts.

3 Likes

At some point we have to just accept that the media is doing this on purpose. God knows there is no shortage of people aggressively calling them out, and nothing ever changes.

1 Like

Of course they are doing it on purpose, they know what gets engagement and clicks and eyeballs. It’s not accurate, nuanced reporting, it’s shit that sends people’s lawnmowers in orbit, regardless of how that’s achieved.

5 Likes

Correct. The “infotainment” approach that was mostly Fox in, say, 2000 is now just standard operating procedure.

The US really needs a much better public broadcaster along the line of the BBC but Americans think that obviously they would just push ridiculous propaganda which they would never stand for in The Best Country In The World.

What the fuck is going on with Tucker Carlson? This looks and sounds like a guy about to be O’Reilly’d.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1384688301962141697?s=21

4 Likes

Maybe he’s getting wrapped up in the Gaetz shit? Gaetz did call Tucker out for attending a dinner with Gaetz and his… “friend”

I’d really hate to see that happen.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/1384725205730291716

Tucker Carlson is exactly the rich white kid troll you’d think he is

5 Likes

True, but digging up thirty year old yearbooks is extremely dumb. Especially when democrats have not demonstrated a steadfast commitment to YEARBOOK ACCOUNTABILITY for those on their own side.

3 Likes

And in any case, I don’t see how the Dan White Society is even close to as offensive as actual audio of Tucker calling Iraqis semiliterate monkeys, an episode he just breezed through without a hitch.

From Tucker Carlson’s Wikipedia page:

After college, Carlson tried to join the Central Intelligence Agency, but his application was denied, after which he decided to pursue a career in journalism with the encouragement of his father, who advised him that “they’ll take anybody.”

9 Likes

I don’t think anyone is under any illusion that Tucker would resign over this.

Still sore about that Renate alumni thing?

I have no idea what you’re talking about

I keep trying to tell you guys. They’re almost all complete lunatics and proud fascists.

https://twitter.com/walshfreedom/status/1384845870298959881?s=21

3 Likes

The only way people who think like that can be made to do the right thing is if they are coerced by force. It’s psychological projection where they assume that the things that work against them were used on the jury.

1 Like

Who is arguing that they’re not?