GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

Wondering what they’ve been up to since their last album.

10 Likes

Yeah, I mean, that’s part of the irony. Scott is right that they are virtue signaling, but so is he pretending he thinks the working class are real Americans and he hates elite people that run corporations. But it will work, because the Dems suck so bad.

1 Like

For the record Polk County is middle as fuck of the state. So if want to talk shit about NWFL but think places like fucking Winter Haven are any better then you are delusional.

1 Like

Isn’t Polk County where Disney is? That dude should not be saying that considering he makes money because of tourists.

I like to say that using the term “virtue signaling” is one of the most obvious examples of virtue signaling.

2 Likes

Polk County touches Orange County, home of Orlando, at a corner.

2 Likes

I think concepts like VORP are underrated by those who think in terms of absolute value and never relative value.

2 Likes

It’s literally 99% humidity, never snows ever any year and is the farthest place from a beach in the state of Florida. As far as what is there, nothing but rednecks and locals afaik. Pretty much the literal definition of southern misery.

1 Like

polk county is right between Tampa and Orlando.

A lot of large corporations don’t really prefer politicians like Donnie Dumb Dumb, they like low taxes and deregulation but what they want is low taxes and deregulation and stability, not low taxes and deregulation and insurrection. If the Rs continue to run QAnon loonies in congressional elections big business will happily work the Biden wing of the Dems, and the establishment Dems will happily to race to the right to prove they’re Reasonable.

2 Likes

Freaking Obama. I knew it.

Florida’s taint.

Republican who lost to even crazier Republican blames the increased level of craziness on… Democrats. Checks out.

It’s not like he’s had a hard go of it since.

In June 2014, in his bid for reelection, Cantor lost the Republican primary to economics professor Dave Brat in an upset that greatly surprised political analysts. In response Cantor announced his early resignation as House Majority Leader, and several weeks later announced his resignation from Congress, which took effect on August 18, 2014. Immediately thereafter, Cantor accepted a position as vice chairman of investment bank Moelis & Company.

1 Like

oh for fucks sake

1 Like

Except that nothing will ever lift the embarrassment and shame from his shoulders. In his mind, he was on a trajectory to real Big Man status. If he wanted a cushy high earning position at a firm most people have never heard of he would have worked forever at his dads company (because of course, like all boot strapping rugged individual responsibility self made Republicans his first job put of college was working for his dads real estate company). He went into politics to be a Significant Figure, and he was on his way honestly. He could have been a top level Republican for sure, maybe even President.

Obama is a secret muslim terrorist who was foreign born. Trumps claim to political fame is popularizing the Truther movement on Twitter. Story checks out.

Thanks Obama.

1 Like

Well uhm err

https://mobile.twitter.com/RawStory/status/1384560905480978433

3 Likes

Of all the social distancing policies, I thought the one for the urinals would get the least opposition.

3 Likes

A cool fact many people in the media may not know is that they don’t actually have to report on every bad-faith comment that comes from Trump’s toadies. If, like, Sean Spicer has some dumbfuck thing to say, we could all just ignore him and no one will be any worse for it.

16 Likes

Some dudes got to peak.