GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

One of the most significant countermeasures came from the woman who was first paid by Greenberg when she was 17. The day after The Daily Beast revealed one payment Greenberg made to her after she had recently turned 18—without identifying her by name—the woman changed all of her identifying information on Venmo. She also appears to no longer be Venmo friends with two other women Greenberg paid through the app. As of this week, she also no longer appears to be Venmo friends with Gaetz.

Is Gaetz’ Venmo friends a thing I could have looked up when this story broke?

8 Likes

Narrator

if gaetz resigns, what are the chances ivanka goes for that seat?

Just the biggest morons imaginable. I did a family law case where my client had his Venmo set to public and people were sending him money for “hookers and blow” and the like. It was friends messing with him but was an exhibit admitted in court lol. Rule 1) venmo should be set to private 2) don’t put dumb shit in the comments.

That being said these guys were probably sending money for “ass” at first and then realized fuck that might be bad and been dumb enough to think “school” was better.

1 Like

That’s shitty that was used against him in court when it was his friends fucking with him

I mean that was the obvious counterargument and if I remember right it wasn’t a major issue. Still don’t do that.

When I venmo friends, I put “duck sick, five stars.” That way it’s kinda incognito, but if they ever end up having to turn tricks they’ll have the equivalent of a good yelp review.

11 Likes

Wait isn’t that entire point of doing this though? Like ha ha I’ll put hookers and blow in case he gets busted one day and is in court and has to tell the judge that his idiot friends did that as a joke. I’m jealous that none of the stupid shit I wrote on my friends checks ever got that far.

1 Like

Why does Venmo default to public, insanity

2 Likes

oh man, I take way too much enjoyment of writing terrible things on venmo when sending my gf money

2 Likes

Yup. How has there not been a class action.

I think I’d rather have an app that publicly posts details of every time I go to the bathroom - than an app that publicly posts every time I give or receive money. Just madness.

What good ever comes out of this? Showing off that you have a lot of friends you borrow $20 from?

2 Likes

Are we sure it defaults to public? This thread just alarmed the shit out of me so I checked my venmo account… And it’s set to private by default. I don’t remember ever messing with that setting or even realizing it was a thing. I’ve only used it a handful of times.

At least as of a year ago, Venmo was public by default.

1 Like

When I signed up there was a very clear “DO YOU REALLY WANT THIS SHIT TO BE PUBLIC” disclaimer, but of course ain’t nobody got time for that, just click accept, duh, then dive into some Facebook content about Bill Gates tracking you via vaccine microchip.

2 Likes

I was not happy to see it was public by default and it made me question using the app especially since I only wanted it for the convenience of one transaction I regularly make. I still signed up. Changed the setting ofc. :man_shrugging:

It’s designed to appeal to social media-loving millennials. It’s a social payment platform.

If only there were some sort of completely anonymous way to exchange money that comfortably fit into a pocket.

13 Likes

Desperation has a distinctive odor.
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1382525604306808833?s=19

Greene proposed charging people to watch the debate and said that “the money raised could be split between us for our choosing of where it goes.”

3 Likes