GOP Insanity Containment: Beets, Gazpacho, and Lube

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1381236852678623232

:thinking:

4 Likes

ny deplorables saying the same

I think that’s actually the state slogan. Its printed on their license plates.

3 Likes

Lol, it’s Florida. What dem base? The Latinos in FL are all born again republicans now. The state is a lost cause. It won’t vote dem again in our lifetimes.

5 Likes

He won by 3400 votes 2.5 years ago. Trump is BIG in Florida.

It might depend on if Republicans can ride a wave of backlash against mask mandates, especially if they can craft a narrative of nanny state liberals enforcing them for longer than necessary. It’s possible that requiring masks beyond July 4th will cost Dems elections.

Reminder that this happened.

1 Like

4.6 million were vaccinated yesterday. I’m not worried about July 4th.

I’m sure there are some people who would advocate for requiring masks and social distancing until children can be vaccinated.

This is a bit overly pessimistic, imo. Latinos are not a homogenous group, and Florida has probably the most diverse mix of Latinos anywhere because Miami has been an investment hub for most of Latin America for a while.

1 Like

Well then Republicans are ghouls for suggesting otherwise.

No Californian is talking up FL. FL is not even close to California on its worst day. Hell, CA is still underrated. Florida is a swamp with a coastline and hardly any universities. I’ve read legal opinions from FL courts. They read like they were written by FL the state, all surface and no substance.

Californians may talk about moving to AZ or TX on occasion, but that’s just desperation. No one is confused about it being a massive step down.

FL highest spot is like 300 ft. Gonna be fun when congress uses the entire GDP to buy out FL land owners in 40 years.

1 Like

Lots of CA republicans hate CA and love fl…

1 Like

They love FL until they actually have to be there and are attacked by locust plagues in 95% humidity.

Trump is in Florida for a reason. It’s where evil goes to die.

1 Like

My buddy moved to FL and completed his transformation to grumpy right-winger.

He said people in Florida said, “You’re welcome here, just don’t bring California politics with you.” Obviously one person said that to him maybe, but still.

This FL vs california reminds me of something I’ve always been meaning to look into, but maybe one of you knows the answer.

San Diego and Jacksonville are at about the same lattitude. But the weather in SD is awesome and the ocean water is cold. In Jacksonville the weather sucks, but the ocean water is much warmer.

Why is this?

Places like Florida and Texas are attractive to California Republicans because of the lack of state income tax. I’ve been hearing that Californians are also driving housing prices up in Las Vegas.

We can talk about racist Republicans, but taxes are still the thing that ties their coalition together.

1 Like

The Gulf Stream in the Atlantic travels south to north. That’s why Europe is warm compared to Russia. The California Current travels from north to south. It’s also why the east coast gets hurricanes and the west coast doesn’t.

3 Likes

West coast waters get a down draft or something from up around the arctic which makes their waters cold AF and why we don’t really get hurricanes.

Southern east cost gets a warm draft from I dunno Africa I think.

Thanks. So you’re saying that these differences in ocean temperatures also explain the differences in heat and humidity as well?